Trasferring data to a Nokia 9210 - Scion

This is a discussion on Trasferring data to a Nokia 9210 - Scion ; Has anyone trid to move data from a Psion 5mx database to a Nokia 9210 PowerBase? I have tried using the export to a csv file, but the Nokia insists that there is only one field and that of odd ...

  1. Trasferring data to a Nokia 9210

    Has anyone trid to move data from a Psion 5mx database to a Nokia 9210
    PowerBase?
    I have tried using the export to a csv file, but the Nokia insists that
    there is only one field and that of odd characters. This doesn't appear
    in any other program either on the Psion or the Nokia and my brain is
    going numb.

    Also, there appears to be no way of importing Sheet files into the Nokia
    - any ideas?

    I'm sory if this is the wrong forum, but at least it's still Epoc!

    Arthur.

  2. Re: Trasferring data to a Nokia 9210

    On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 15:25:35 -0000, Arthur Marshall
    wrote:

    > Has anyone trid to move data from a Psion 5mx database to a Nokia 9210
    > PowerBase?
    > I have tried using the export to a csv file, but the Nokia insists that
    > there is only one field and that of odd characters. This doesn't appear
    > in any other program either on the Psion or the Nokia and my brain is
    > going numb.

    Try opening the file in notepad on windows, and doing a save as and select
    unicode in encoding.

    > Also, there appears to be no way of importing Sheet files into the Nokia
    > - any ideas?
    >
    > I'm sory if this is the wrong forum, but at least it's still Epoc!
    >
    > Arthur.

  3. Re: Trasferring data to a Nokia 9210

    The message
    from "Alan Montgomery" contains these words:

    > On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 15:25:35 -0000, Arthur Marshall
    > wrote:

    > > Has anyone trid to move data from a Psion 5mx database to a Nokia 9210
    > > PowerBase?
    > > I have tried using the export to a csv file, but the Nokia insists that
    > > there is only one field and that of odd characters. This doesn't appear
    > > in any other program either on the Psion or the Nokia and my brain is
    > > going numb.
    > >

    > Try opening the file in notepad on windows, and doing a save as and select
    > unicode in encoding.

    Thanks - that worked. Now for the Sheet files...

    Arthur.

+ Reply to Thread