Minor disaster - Scion

This is a discussion on Minor disaster - Scion ; Folks, Last evening my 5mx crashed from the desk. For a few aweful seconds I feared for the worst, but the damage appears repairable and the electronics are functioning. There are now cracks on each corner, but gaffa tape will ...

  1. Minor disaster

    Folks,

    Last evening my 5mx crashed from the desk. For a few aweful seconds I
    feared for the worst, but the damage appears repairable and the
    electronics are functioning. There are now cracks on each corner, but
    gaffa tape will hold for a while.

    The serious problem is that the keyboard has "popped" off of its
    runners.

    The underside of the keyboard has runner lugs on each side plus a
    guide/lock lug on the front. The runner lugs are now out of what
    appears to be their correct location under the metal plate which
    protects the electronics.

    It is not immediately obvious to me how I get this device back together
    without damaging the unit.

    Wrighty, are you there ?

    I screen seems to have lost the left hand vertical section - maybe 5
    pixels wide. This happenned before the crash by the way. The blue
    cable is rather bright colour I note.

    Useful suggestions are welcomed, bacause this machine is now slightly
    difficult to use :-(

    Dr. Dweeb

  2. Re: Minor disaster

    wrote in message
    news:1136877142.676349.242180@g47g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > Folks,
    >
    > Last evening my 5mx crashed from the desk. For a few aweful seconds I
    > feared for the worst, but the damage appears repairable and the
    > electronics are functioning. There are now cracks on each corner, but
    > gaffa tape will hold for a while.
    >
    > The serious problem is that the keyboard has "popped" off of its
    > runners.
    >
    > The underside of the keyboard has runner lugs on each side plus a
    > guide/lock lug on the front. The runner lugs are now out of what
    > appears to be their correct location under the metal plate which
    > protects the electronics.
    >
    > It is not immediately obvious to me how I get this device back together
    > without damaging the unit.
    >
    > Wrighty, are you there ?
    >
    > I screen seems to have lost the left hand vertical section - maybe 5
    > pixels wide. This happenned before the crash by the way. The blue
    > cable is rather bright colour I note.
    >
    > Useful suggestions are welcomed, bacause this machine is now slightly
    > difficult to use :-(

    The www.psionflexi.co.uk web site shows you how to dismantle and reassemble
    the 5mx. While you have it in bits you could replace the flexi cable with
    one of these. Or, I believe he will do it for you.

+ Reply to Thread