Outlook 2003 security setting - Scion

This is a discussion on Outlook 2003 security setting - Scion ; Sorry of this is a FAQ, but I couldn't find it anywhere. When I sync my 5mx to Outlook 2003, a dialogue box pops up asking me to allow the programme access to Outlook for 1, 2, 5 or 10 ...

  1. Outlook 2003 security setting

    Sorry of this is a FAQ, but I couldn't find it anywhere. When I sync my
    5mx to Outlook 2003, a dialogue box pops up asking me to allow the
    programme access to Outlook for 1, 2, 5 or 10 min. IS ther a setting in
    Outlook to make this permanent?

    TIA,
    Stuart

  2. Re: Outlook 2003 security setting

    Srtgray wrote in news:1136735937.10483.0
    @damia.uk.clara.net:

    > Sorry of this is a FAQ, but I couldn't find it anywhere. When I sync my
    > 5mx to Outlook 2003, a dialogue box pops up asking me to allow the
    > programme access to Outlook for 1, 2, 5 or 10 min. IS ther a setting in
    > Outlook to make this permanent?

    I don't think so. I had a quick look and couldn't find it and reckon that
    it was implemented this way for maximum security.

    Cheers,

    Steve
    --
    Email: steve 'at' shodgson 'dot' org 'dot' uk

  3. Re: Outlook 2003 security setting

    Steve Hodgson wrote:
    > Srtgray wrote in news:1136735937.10483.0
    > @damia.uk.clara.net:
    >

    >>Sorry of this is a FAQ, but I couldn't find it anywhere. When I sync my
    >>5mx to Outlook 2003, a dialogue box pops up asking me to allow the
    >>programme access to Outlook for 1, 2, 5 or 10 min. IS ther a setting in
    >>Outlook to make this permanent?

    > I don't think so. I had a quick look and couldn't find it and reckon that
    > it was implemented this way for maximum security.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Steve

    What a pain! Interestingly, my Win CE machine synchronises without that
    particular dialogue box - another example of the monopoly making it hard
    for third parties?

    Stuart

  4. Re: Outlook 2003 security setting

    I came across this:
    http://www.contextmagic.com/express-clickyes/

    I'm using it to sync my netBook with Outlook 2003.

    Keith

  5. Re: Outlook 2003 security setting

    ohsix wrote:
    > I came across this:
    > http://www.contextmagic.com/express-clickyes/
    >
    > I'm using it to sync my netBook with Outlook 2003.
    >
    > Keith

    Brilliant! Just what I needed - many thanks Keith

    Stuart

+ Reply to Thread