5mx + XP + USB - Scion

This is a discussion on 5mx + XP + USB - Scion ; Hi folks Does anyone successfully connect their 5mx under XP? Have not tried as yet. Does the USB > serial adapter work with the 5mx. My latest PC does not have a serial port. Cheers T...

  1. 5mx + XP + USB

    Hi folks

    Does anyone successfully connect their 5mx under XP? Have not tried as yet.

    Does the USB > serial adapter work with the 5mx. My latest PC does not have
    a serial port.

    Cheers

  2. Re: 5mx + XP + USB

    Both my netBook and 5mx connect very well to my PC which has XP. My
    experience, as well as others mentiioned on other forums, is that not
    all USB/serial cables will work. FWIT, I ended up with a cable I bought
    from Clove which is in the UK. I had first tried a Belkin but had to
    return it. Other's have found Belkin to be OK.

    Be sure you have PsiWin 2.3.3.

    Keith

  3. Re: 5mx + XP + USB

    Thanks for the tip - I see where I get

    -G-

    "ohsix" wrote in message
    news:1136740974.890817.131640@o13g2000cwo.googlegr oups.com...
    > Both my netBook and 5mx connect very well to my PC which has XP. My
    > experience, as well as others mentiioned on other forums, is that not
    > all USB/serial cables will work. FWIT, I ended up with a cable I bought
    > from Clove which is in the UK. I had first tried a Belkin but had to
    > return it. Other's have found Belkin to be OK.
    >
    > Be sure you have PsiWin 2.3.3.
    >
    > Keith

  4. Re: 5mx + XP + USB

    Update - obtained/installed StarTech USB/Serial Adapter. This has configured
    itself on COM4

    Downloaded/installed PSIwin 2.3.3 & after a stutter or 2 - its now
    communicating OK under XP. Two issues had to be resolved - reassign the com
    port to include COM4 and provide a name for the Psion. Suspect trouble, the
    configuration windows appeared out of order - like putting cart before
    horse.

    Sychronises OK with Outlook 2003 though produced dozen or so duplicate
    entries. Suspect that the databases got badly out of sync in the 4/5 weeks
    that the old PC was decommissioned and the new XP machine bedded in.

    Final comment - if anyone uses the current StarTech product, the
    installation instructions supplied do not match the reality. You have to run
    the driver exe programme on the CD supplied rather than let Windows search
    for the driver on first installation, as stated.

    Cheers all

    -G-

    "Gandalf" wrote in message
    > Thanks for the tip - I see where I get
    >
    > -G-
    >

    > "ohsix" wrote in message
    > news:1136740974.890817.131640@o13g2000cwo.googlegr oups.com...
    > > Both my netBook and 5mx connect very well to my PC which has XP. My
    > > experience, as well as others mentiioned on other forums, is that not
    > > all USB/serial cables will work. FWIT, I ended up with a cable I bought
    > > from Clove which is in the UK. I had first tried a Belkin but had to
    > > return it. Other's have found Belkin to be OK.
    > >
    > > Be sure you have PsiWin 2.3.3.
    > >
    > > Keith

+ Reply to Thread