backlight macro? - Scion

This is a discussion on backlight macro? - Scion ; Is there a small system app that will control the backlight so that it is always on if there is external power, and is always on between local sunset and sunrise? I know that Backlite+ used to be able to ...

  1. backlight macro?

    Is there a small system app that will control the backlight so that it is
    always on if there is external power, and is always on between local sunset
    and sunrise? I know that Backlite+ used to be able to do this, but it gained
    a lot of excess weight in later years. Ideally, I'd just like a small
    stripped down system app.

  2. Re: backlight macro?

    > Is there a small system app that will control the backlight so that it is
    > always on if there is external power, and is always on between local

    sunset
    > and sunrise? I know that Backlite+ used to be able to do this, but it

    gained
    > a lot of excess weight in later years. Ideally, I'd just like a small
    > stripped down system app.

    I use PsLight5 http://www.epoczone.com/details.php3?id=94 which does the job
    perfectly for me on my 5mx and 7Book. I hope that helps.

    Gareth J M Saunders
    Edinburgh, UK

  3. Re: backlight macro?

    > I use PsLight5 http://www.epoczone.com/details.php3?id=94 which does the
    > job
    > perfectly for me on my 5mx and 7Book. I hope that helps.

    It's a shame that one can't be set to switch on/off at sunset/sunrise.

  4. Re: backlight macro?

    Ric wrote:
    > Is there a small system app that will control the backlight so that
    > it is always on if there is external power, and is always on between
    > local sunset and sunrise?

    Won't this reduce its useful life?

    Mike.
    --
    If reply address = connectfee, add an r because it is free not fee.

+ Reply to Thread