Psion 3c - Scion

This is a discussion on Psion 3c - Scion ; I have a Psion 3c and I want to connect it to my PC running Windows XP to upload and download data. I've tried using PsiWin in the past but it didn't work very well as it was a bit ...

  1. Psion 3c

    I have a Psion 3c and I want to connect it to my PC running Windows XP
    to upload and download data. I've tried using PsiWin in the past but
    it didn't work very well as it was a bit temperamental. What's the
    best version to get and has anyone developed any software which
    improves on PsiWin?

    I always felt PsiWin was a compromise rather than specially designed
    software.

    --
    Alasdair.

  2. Re: Psion 3c

    Alasdair wrote:

    > I have a Psion 3c and I want to connect it to my PC running Windows XP
    > to upload and download data. I've tried using PsiWin in the past but
    > it didn't work very well as it was a bit temperamental.

    PSIWIN version 1.2 I think (something before version 2) will work fine
    for data transfers/backsup.

    But it doesn't really do document format conversions.

    You can use PSIWIN 2.3 to convert documents from 3c to 5 and then to
    varous formats. Note however that the 3c has built-in converters so you
    can convert documents on your 3c without the need for windows based converters.

+ Reply to Thread