Word Slow Down on Series 5? - Scion

This is a discussion on Word Slow Down on Series 5? - Scion ; I recently bought Series 5 with a view to doing some text editing while on the move. The response of Word to the keyboard seems to slow down when typing additional text into a largish file (170K). It seems perfectly ...

  1. Word Slow Down on Series 5?

    I recently bought Series 5 with a view to doing some text editing
    while on the move. The response of Word to the keyboard seems to
    slow down when typing additional text into a largish file (170K).
    It seems perfectly fine whe nthe file is still small.
    Any idea what caouses this? Any way to speed it up?
    Is the only solution to break things up into smaller files?
    Are there any other text editors for Series 5 that are a bit
    snappier when dealing with large files? I tried out the VIM
    port but it was really slow at updating the screen.

    Greg O'Sullivan
    gjo at unimelb dot edu dot au

  2. Re: Word Slow Down on Series 5?

    In article <43a6073d@news.unimelb.edu.au>, Greg O'Sullivan wrote:
    > The response of Word to the keyboard seems to
    > slow down when typing additional text into a largish file (170K).
    > It seems perfectly fine whe nthe file is still small.

    I don't think this is general. I've been writing notes from a
    text book for a couple of years now, and the notes file is in excess of
    200k now. No slowdown in Word, but it can take some time to open or
    save the file.

    --
    Aidan Karley, FGS
    Aberdeen, Scotland,