Restoring surface of Series 5 screen - Scion

This is a discussion on Restoring surface of Series 5 screen - Scion ; Seems that bombs can damage the series 5 screen..... :-) It took me a while to realise it, but I have a pattern of squares on my Series 5 screen. At first, i though it was the keyboard making some ...

  1. Restoring surface of Series 5 screen

    Seems that bombs can damage the series 5 screen..... :-)

    It took me a while to realise it, but I have a pattern of squares on my
    Series 5 screen. At first, i though it was the keyboard making some
    damage to the screen surface when the unit was closed, but eventually
    figured that it was as a result of playing "bombs" every night before
    going to sleep. (when you think about it, you need to tap on just about
    every square in it to complete the game).

    And playing games such as backgammon also involves "dragging" which may
    "scratch" the screen.

    Does the pen actually cause "permanent" danage to the screen surface, or
    can the later be restored with some magic product ?

  2. Re: Restoring surface of Series 5 screen

    In article <439CDAE9.FE6524E9@teksavvy.com>, JF Mezei wrote:
    > Does the pen actually cause "permanent" danage to the screen surface, or
    > can the later be restored with some magic product ?

    I don't know if the pen causes permanent damage /of necessity/ ,
    but as I understand it, the touch-screen is a (internally complex)
    transparent plastic sheet glued onto the front plate of the screen
    assembly, and it is at least theoretically replaceable.
    I have seen "screen protection sheets" available for Palms, and I
    think also for Psions, but you'll have to check the sizes carefully.
    They're comparable with thick cling film, and I think they adhere by the
    same static process and can be replaced simply.

    --
    Aidan Karley, FGS
    Aberdeen, Scotland,

+ Reply to Thread