Scandinavian - Scion

This is a discussion on Scandinavian - Scion ; I've just revitalised my netBook by upgrading the OS to 158/450, but the snag is that it comes with a UK keyboard layout and character mapping. Any idea how I can turn it into Scandinavian/Norwegian? Erlend...

  1. Scandinavian

    I've just revitalised my netBook by upgrading the OS to 158/450, but the
    snag is that it comes with a UK keyboard layout and character mapping.
    Any idea how I can turn it into Scandinavian/Norwegian?

    Erlend

  2. Re: Scandinavian

    Erlend Fjøsna wrote:

    > I've just revitalised my netBook by upgrading the OS to 158/450, but the
    > snag is that it comes with a UK keyboard layout and character mapping.
    > Any idea how I can turn it into Scandinavian/Norwegian?

    Maybe you can get some help here
    http://www.pdastreet.com/forums/foru...p?s=&forumid=8

    If it's not possible you could try Twinkey. Works really well.
    I own a netBook with English layout and have configured it to a Swedish.

  3. Re: Scandinavian

    Thanks,

    I'll try Twinkey, but what I'd rather have is a remapping of the character
    layout. Permantently.

    Erlend

    On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 19:02:43 +0100, Iordani
    wrote:

    > Erlend Fjøsna wrote:
    >
    >> I've just revitalised my netBook by upgrading the OS to 158/450, but the
    >> snag is that it comes with a UK keyboard layout and character mapping.
    >> Any idea how I can turn it into Scandinavian/Norwegian?

    > Maybe you can get some help here
    > http://www.pdastreet.com/forums/foru...p?s=&forumid=8
    >
    > If it's not possible you could try Twinkey. Works really well.
    > I own a netBook with English layout and have configured it to a Swedish.

  4. Re: Scandinavian

    Hi Erlend

    Martin Guthrie (http://pscience5.net/) has a few things
    that might help on his site. An obvious one is Richard
    Reeves' "Remapper".

    There is another application that someone wrote to switch
    the Psion keyboard to the Dvorak layout - but you don't
    need to use the Dvorak layout. You can remap any (or all)
    keys to whatever you want.

    Alternatively there's Macro5, "Tools - Hotkeys - User
    defined", but there are only 16 slots there in all. For my
    purposes it's enough but probably not for anything
    extensive.

    Take care,
    Phil.

    "Time wounds all heels."