    --------------
    "Handy-PC" from ROAD GmbH available in first quarter of 2006

    First prototypes successfully tested

    Berlin, November 4, 2005

    The development of the new device class "Handy-PC" - a synthesis of mobile
    phone and PC - is under way and almost completed. Berlin-based ROAD GmbH has
    successfully tested its first prototypes. Delivery will begin soon: ROAD
    plans to sell the product in the first quarter of 2006. The company has
    increased its development and sales teams and works hard on completing the
    product. The unique scope of features of the Handy-PC has been enhanced even
    further: Among others, the device now has a WLAN function and 128 MB RAM
    memory. After completing various tests the process of certification will
    begin soon.

    Despite strong demand, distribution of the product had to be postponed to
    the first quarter of 2006.

    The Managing Director and founder of ROAD GmbH, Dipl.-Ing. Hans-Peter
    Constien, said: "Our future customers will get a device that really offers
    all options of mobile computing. The business user will greatly benefit from
    these features. To enhance them, we have hired more development staff and
    have already started our sales activities."

    Main features of a Handy-PC:

    - form, size and usual operation of a normal mobile phone
    - full-size inside keyboard with PC layout, wide-format PC colour
    screen and a touch creen as mouse-replacement
    - open hardware architecture enabling the user to work with
    applications under different operating systems (Windows, Linux or Symbian)
    - pre-installed PC remote control for remote access to files and
    programs of desktop PCs and servers

    About Road GmbH

    The Berlin company ROAD GmbH (Remote Office Access Devices) is the sole
    developer and manufacturer of mobile remote office access devices - so
    called

    Handy-PCs - combining performance characteristics of mobile PCs and
    communication features and the convenient size of a mobile phone.

    For further information and pictures please contact:

    ROAD GmbH
    Hubertus von Streit
    Bennigsenstraße 14
    D-12159 Berlin

    Phone: +49 (0) 30 230069 - 60
    Fax: +49 (0) 30 230069 - 69

    http://www.road-gmbh.de

  2. Re: Road GmBh

    "Dr. Dweeb" wrote in news:436bd9f9$0
    $78284$157c6196@dreader1.cybercity.dk:

    > http://www.road-gmbh.de

    thanks - but this has been "under development" for ages, I would like to
    see a review of one of the finished devices first.

    Boris

  3. Re: Road GmBh

    Dr. Dweeb wrote:

    > Folks, this email landed today. This machine is essentially the
    > Psion/Motorola Phone/PDA that never was, replete with everything you can
    > imagine. The specs look astounding, as I am certain the price will also
    > be!!

    Wow!

    Martin

  4. Re: Road GmBh

    On Sat, 5 Nov 2005 11:42:59, Boris Borisovich wrote:
    >"Dr. Dweeb" wrote in news:436bd9f9$0
    >$78284$157c6196@dreader1.cybercity.dk:
    >
    >> http://www.road-gmbh.de

    >thanks - but this has been "under development" for ages, I would like to
    >see a review of one of the finished devices first.
    >
    >Boris

    At least he is talking up a launch date and a working prototype.

    'Fraid I shall be waiting for the L10x series with its larger keyboard,
    but I'm not too happy at the thought of high-end prices...

    --
    Cheers,
    Guy

    guy@use.steelpillow.less.com