connecting a Revo to the internet through Linux - Scion

This is a discussion on connecting a Revo to the internet through Linux - Scion ; Hello, I have recently acquired a second hand Psion Revo. My desktop pc is running Gentoo Linux. I have already found and installed plptools, which nicely mounts the psion on my file system. I'm aware that there exists software to ...

  1. connecting a Revo to the internet through Linux

    Hello,

    I have recently acquired a second hand Psion Revo. My desktop pc is
    running Gentoo Linux. I have already found and installed plptools, which
    nicely mounts the psion on my file system. I'm aware that there exists
    software to convert files from the psion format to something my pc can
    grok, but I have not yet investigated that.

    What I would like to do now is connecting the Revo to the internet. I
    suppose I have to use the direct cable connection on the Revo, but as
    far as the pc is concerned, I'm clueless. Google didn't give me much
    useful info.

    Can some of you Psionians give me some useful pointers?

    Greetings,

    --
    Amedee Van Gasse

  2. Re: connecting a Revo to the internet through Linux

    In news:njsp33-kas.ln1@amedee.homeip.net,
    Amedee Van Gasse typed:

    > Can some of you Psionians give me some useful pointers?

    http://www.pscience5.net/Links.htm

  3. Re: connecting a Revo to the internet through Linux

    J wrote:
    > In news:njsp33-kas.ln1@amedee.homeip.net,
    > Amedee Van Gasse typed:
    >
    >> Can some of you Psionians give me some useful pointers?
    >>

    > http://www.pscience5.net/Links.htm

    A page I found there is

    http://www.geocities.com/giulopresti...ion-win98.html

    It describes how to establish a TCP/IP over PPP connection. That seems
    to be exactly what I want to do. Unfortunately it is written for
    Windows98, and my knowledge of Windows is getting very rusty... I hope I
    can "translate" the instructions but if I need help, I'll come back
    here, OK?

    Greetings,

    --
    Amedee Van Gasse