epocemx, gcc and include libraries - Scion

This is a discussion on epocemx, gcc and include libraries - Scion ; Forgive what is sort a newbie type question. I have installed emx on my Psion 5mx along with gcc and the various utilities. I have the Symbian SDK and copied the include.zip to a tmp location from which I extracted ...

  1. epocemx, gcc and include libraries

    Forgive what is sort a newbie type question. I have installed emx on my
    Psion 5mx along with gcc and the various utilities.

    I have the Symbian SDK and copied the include.zip to a tmp location
    from which I extracted headers as a fairly complex compile (wc.c,
    actually) seemed to dictate. Most of the include.zip contents reference
    an include\ location, but some are from \include\sys\ or include\LIBC\
    or include\LIBC\SYS (sometimes two versions of a similarly named header
    file).
    After installing as many of these header as called for I keep getting
    messages like "conflicting types for size_t".

    I suspect I have headers in the wrong locations, but am unclear as to
    what goes where from the SDK. Can someone assist?

    Many thanks in advance,
    Leon T.

  2. Re: epocemx, gcc and include libraries

    Do you have the right SDK for the right model? A Psion 5mx is old and uses
    the old Psion SDK specifically for EPOC 32. The new symbian devices (cell
    phone/PDA combos) use a new incompatible SDKs.

    Richard

    wrote in message
    news:1130897418.830843.289320@g47g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > Forgive what is sort a newbie type question. I have installed emx on my
    > Psion 5mx along with gcc and the various utilities.
    >
    > I have the Symbian SDK and copied the include.zip to a tmp location
    > from which I extracted headers as a fairly complex compile (wc.c,
    > actually) seemed to dictate. Most of the include.zip contents reference
    > an include\ location, but some are from \include\sys\ or include\LIBC\
    > or include\LIBC\SYS (sometimes two versions of a similarly named header
    > file).
    > After installing as many of these header as called for I keep getting
    > messages like "conflicting types for size_t".
    >
    > I suspect I have headers in the wrong locations, but am unclear as to
    > what goes where from the SDK. Can someone assist?
    >
    > Many thanks in advance,
    > Leon T.

  3. Re: epocemx, gcc and include libraries

    It is the SDK for Epoc R5. I think this is the right one for the 5mx.

+ Reply to Thread