my Psion does not work anymore... or does it? - Scion

This is a discussion on my Psion does not work anymore... or does it? - Scion ; Well my Psion gave up. It refuses to start up. I suspected the battery but even on mains power it won't start up. Rebooting (one or two holes) to no avail. So yes, the next suspect is the screen cable, ...

  1. my Psion does not work anymore... or does it?

    Well my Psion gave up. It refuses to start up. I suspected the battery but
    even on mains power it won't start up. Rebooting (one or two holes) to no
    avail. So yes, the next suspect is the screen cable, but if I connect to it
    from the PC (My Psion) it gets back to life. And then it works for some
    time and it dies again...

    Any suggestions? advthanksance.

  2. Re: my Psion does not work anymore... or does it?

    On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 20:33:51, jjg wrote:
    >Well my Psion gave up. It refuses to start up. I suspected the battery but
    >even on mains power it won't start up. Rebooting (one or two holes) to no
    >avail. So yes, the next suspect is the screen cable, but if I connect to it
    >from the PC (My Psion) it gets back to life. And then it works for some
    >time and it dies again...
    >
    >Any suggestions? advthanksance.

    Maybe the lid microswitch? (Assuming it is a s5/7)

    --
    Cheers,
    Guy

    guy@use.steelpillow.less.com
    To reply, remove useless bits.

  3. Re: my Psion does not work anymore... or does it?

    Guy Inchbald wrote:

    > On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 20:33:51, jjg wrote:
    >>Well my Psion gave up. It refuses to start up. I suspected the battery but
    >>even on mains power it won't start up. Rebooting (one or two holes) to no
    >>avail. So yes, the next suspect is the screen cable, but if I connect to
    >>it from the PC (My Psion) it gets back to life. And then it works for some
    >>time and it dies again...
    >>
    >>Any suggestions? advthanksance.

    > Maybe the lid microswitch? (Assuming it is a s5/7)

    Well, it's a Revo, but yes, it has a microswitch. I will check it. Thanks!

  4. Re: my Psion does not work anymore... or does it?

    jjg wrote:
    > Well my Psion gave up. It refuses to start up.

    I have the same situation.

    > I suspected the battery but even on mains power it won't start up.
    > Rebooting (one or two holes) to no avail.

    The same... (PC fails to connect)

    > So yes, the next suspect is the screen cable, but if I connect to it
    > from the PC (My Psion) it gets back to life.

    ....but mine does not. Anyone have any suggestions?

    --
    Tero Tilus ########### http://www.iki.fi/tero.tilus/
    http://www.maahinkainen.org/ ## http://www.effi.org/

  5. Re: my Psion does not work anymore... or does it?

    In article , Tero Tilus
    wrote:
    > > So yes, the next suspect is the screen cable, but if I connect to it
    > > from the PC (My Psion) it gets back to life.

    > ....but mine does not. Anyone have any suggestions?

    If the screen cable (only) was gone, then you'd hear one or
    several beeps on booting after a reset/ hard reset.

    You do seem to have covered most of the obvious cases. If your AA
    battery set is flat (OR if the battery connectors have separated), and
    the backup battery is also flat, that would give the same symptoms.
    External power?
    Is there somewhere you can get access to the power bus without
    having to take the machine apart, e.g. using a faked-up CF card to
    expose some of the pins of that connector? The lines from the RS-232
    connector changing their resistance as the machine boots.

    Sorry, straw clutching - it sounds pretty dead to me.
    Well, seriously unwell. I don't see how you'll get out of this
    one without at least having it's clothes off.

    --
    Aidan Karley, FGS
    Aberdeen, Scotland,

+ Reply to Thread