Advice, please on - Scion

This is a discussion on Advice, please on - Scion ; Having carefully considered all alternatives, i.e., Pocket PCs and Palm machines, I have decided I think by far the best option is to get myself a Psion. I used to have a 5mx, but sold it about 5 years ago. ...

  1. Advice, please on

    Having carefully considered all alternatives, i.e., Pocket PCs and Palm
    machines, I have decided I think by far the best option is to get
    myself a Psion. I used to have a 5mx, but sold it about 5 years ago.
    I've had a look at a number of posts to this NG and followed up the
    reference to POS Ltd's PsiX PDA in one post. It looks almost identical
    to the 5mx, so can I ask:

    Are there any differences?

    What price is it, as I can't find the cost on the POS website, only that
    of the reconditioned 5s and 5mx?

    Would these machines have solved the problem of the screen connector
    being prone to breaking?

    Thanks for any advice.

    Keith Wilson

  2. Re: Advice, please on

    Den 2005-10-26 21:01:42 skrev Keith Wilson :

    > Having carefully considered all alternatives, i.e., Pocket PCs and Palm
    > machines, I have decided I think by far the best option is to get
    > myself a Psion. I used to have a 5mx, but sold it about 5 years ago.
    > I've had a look at a number of posts to this NG and followed up the
    > reference to POS Ltd's PsiX PDA in one post. It looks almost identical
    > to the 5mx, so can I ask:
    >
    > Are there any differences?

    They tell me it's a rebadged Psion 5mx Pro. It's like an ordinary 5mx but
    no ROM and instead it has moe RAM. I think in total it has a little more
    ram than the 5mx in practice.

    > What price is it, as I can't find the cost on the POS website, only that
    > of the reconditioned 5s and 5mx?
    >
    > Would these machines have solved the problem of the screen connector
    > being prone to breaking?

    Not sure on price and screen cable. Call them! They answer quickly during
    office hours, and are knowledgeable.

    Erik Sandblom

    --
    my site is EriksRailNews.com

  3. Re: Advice, please on

    Erik Sandblom wrote:
    > Den 2005-10-26 21:01:42 skrev Keith Wilson :
    >
    >> Having carefully considered all alternatives, i.e., Pocket PCs and
    >> Palm machines, I have decided I think by far the best option is to
    >> get myself a Psion. I used to have a 5mx, but sold it about 5 years
    >> ago. I've had a look at a number of posts to this NG and followed up
    >> the reference to POS Ltd's PsiX PDA in one post. It looks almost
    >> identical to the 5mx, so can I ask:
    >>
    >> Are there any differences?

    > They tell me it's a rebadged Psion 5mx Pro. It's like an ordinary 5mx
    > but no ROM and instead it has moe RAM. I think in total it has a little
    > more ram than the 5mx in practice.
    >

    >> What price is it, as I can't find the cost on the POS website, only
    >> that of the reconditioned 5s and 5mx?
    >>
    >> Would these machines have solved the problem of the screen connector
    >> being prone to breaking?

    > Not sure on price and screen cable. Call them! They answer quickly
    > during office hours, and are knowledgeable.

    Thanks for the advice Erik. I will do that.

    I tried the group first because it's good to get firsthand info from a
    user sometimes. However, I'm sure POS Ltd will assist.

    Keith

+ Reply to Thread