Are my batteries dying? - Scion

This is a discussion on Are my batteries dying? - Scion ; I have a problem with my Psion Revo. When I operate it on mains power, it runs fine. However, when I carry it for a day, it refuses to start up and when I reconnect it back home, all files ...

  1. Are my batteries dying?

    I have a problem with my Psion Revo. When I operate it on mains power, it
    runs fine. However, when I carry it for a day, it refuses to start up and
    when I reconnect it back home, all files are gone. But... the battery is
    still at 100%. OTOH, the red light comes up when I reconnect it, indicating
    turbo charging, despite the 100% reading. What is happening here?

    --
    jjg

  2. Re: Are my batteries dying?

    You need to repair it. POS can do that: www.posltd.com

    The likely problem is the battery cable is bad, or the calibration is
    bad, ie, the revo has become confused about how full the battery is.

    Erik Sandblom

  3. Re: Are my batteries dying?

    eriksandblom@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

    > You need to repair it. POS can do that: www.posltd.com
    >
    > The likely problem is the battery cable is bad, or the calibration is
    > bad, ie, the revo has become confused about how full the battery is.

    Well, I am sure, the latter is not the problem. In fact, I had left it off
    for a month, and then I reloaded it for more than 6 hours, just to make
    sure...

    --
    jjg

  4. Re: Are my batteries dying?

    I hade the same problem with my REVO. Changed the batteries by myself (a
    little tricky, but feasible, if you can manage with tin soldier and tools),
    and the REVO is like new!
    Good luck
    Mario
    "jg" wrote in message
    > I have a problem with my Psion Revo. When I operate it on mains power, it
    > runs fine. However, when I carry it for a day, it refuses to start up and
    > when I reconnect it back home, all files are gone. But... the battery is
    > still at 100%. OTOH, the red light comes up when I reconnect it,

    indicating
    > turbo charging, despite the 100% reading. What is happening here?
    >
    > --
    > jjg

  5. Re: Are my batteries dying?

    Nosferatu wrote:
    > I hade the same problem with my REVO. Changed the batteries by myself (a
    > little tricky, but feasible, if you can manage with tin soldier and tools),
    > and the REVO is like new!
    > Good luck
    > Mario
    > "jg" wrote in message
    >
    >>I have a problem with my Psion Revo. When I operate it on mains power, it
    >>runs fine. However, when I carry it for a day, it refuses to start up and
    >>when I reconnect it back home, all files are gone. But... the battery is
    >>still at 100%. OTOH, the red light comes up when I reconnect it,

    > indicating
    >
    >>turbo charging, despite the 100% reading. What is happening here?
    >>
    >>--
    >>jjg

    You might be able to force a reset of the battery monitor by opening the
    revo, pulling the battery connector out, waiting a few minutes and
    re-connecting. Otherwise it's a new battery. IMHO the battery features
    on the revo were never very well thought out, the whole thing seems far
    too sensitive to momentary drops in voltage as the current drawn
    changes. May be the batteries are too small, perhaps the ribbon cable is
    too light, or maybe the software is copied from the bigger psions that
    used AA size alkalines.

+ Reply to Thread