Is there a Keyboard shortcut to access 3a system screen? - Scion

This is a discussion on Is there a Keyboard shortcut to access 3a system screen? - Scion ; The button bar has failed, and I don't want to have to close applications to switch between them! Is there a keypress combination which will display the system screen. (Reposted, as my first post seems not to have made it.) ...

  1. Is there a Keyboard shortcut to access 3a system screen?

    --
    ####################
    ## PH, London

  2. Re: Is there a Keyboard shortcut to access 3a system screen? [Wrong - it's a 3C]

    Whoops! It's a 3C, not a 3A.

    --
    ####################
    ## PH, London
    "Philip Herlihy" wrote in message
    > The button bar has failed, and I don't want to have to close applications
    > to switch between them! Is there a keypress combination which will
    > display the system screen.
    >
    > (Reposted, as my first post seems not to have made it.)
    >
    > --
    > ####################
    > ## PH, London
    > ####################

  3. Re: Is there a Keyboard shortcut to access 3a system screen?

    Philip Herlihy wrote:
    > The button bar has failed, and I don't want to have to close
    > applications to switch between them! Is there a keypress combination
    > which will display the system screen.

    Don't know of one, but it would be easy to set one up using (say) the (free)
    KMAC macro utility.

    Mike.
    --
    If reply address = connectfee, add an r because it is free not fee.

  4. Re: Is there a Keyboard shortcut to access 3a system screen?

    Philip Herlihy wrote:
    > The button bar has failed, and I don't want to have to close
    > applications to switch between them! Is there a keypress combination
    > which will display the system screen.

    Don't know of one, but it would be easy to set one up using (say) the (free)
    KMAC macro utility.

    Mike.
    --
    If reply address = connectfee, add an r because it is free not fee.

  5. Re: Is there a Keyboard shortcut to access 3a system screen?

    Philip Herlihy wrote:

    > The button bar has failed, and I don't want to have to close applications
    > switch between them! Is there a keypress combination which will display
    > the system screen.
    >
    > (Reposted, as my first post seems not to have made it.)

    Try Psion + Esc + Arrow up + Arrow down

    HTH

  6. Re: Is there a Keyboard shortcut to access 3a system screen? [YES!]

    That does it!

    Thanks to everyone, especially Iordani.

    --
    ####################
    ## PH, London
    "Iordani" wrote in message
    > Philip Herlihy wrote:
    >
    >> The button bar has failed, and I don't want to have to close applications
    >> switch between them! Is there a keypress combination which will display
    >> the system screen.
    >>
    >> (Reposted, as my first post seems not to have made it.)
    >>

    > Try Psion + Esc + Arrow up + Arrow down
    >
    > HTH

  7. Re: Is there a Keyboard shortcut to access 3a system screen? [Wrong - it's a 3C]

    Hi Philip,

    Send me an eMail (address on my website) and I'll happily send you at
    least 2 applications and, best of all, a MacSys macro. Though my
    button-bar is OK I need to switch to applications not on the bar.
    --

    Take care,
    Phil.

    http:\\www.philaypee.co.uk\index.html

  8. Re: Is there a Keyboard shortcut to access 3a system screen? [Wrong - it's a 3C]

    Thanks Phil - the Control+Esc+UpArrow+DownArrow combination works perfectly!

    --
    ####################
    ## PH, London
    "Phil Aypee" wrote in message
    > Hi Philip,
    >
    > Send me an eMail (address on my website) and I'll happily send you at
    > least 2 applications and, best of all, a MacSys macro. Though my
    > button-bar is OK I need to switch to applications not on the bar.
    > --
    >
    > Take care,
    > Phil.
    >
    > http:\\www.philaypee.co.uk\index.html

  9. Re: Is there a Keyboard shortcut to access 3a system screen? [Wrong - it's a 3C]

    Hi Philip,

    You wrote:

    > the Control+Esc+UpArrow+DownArrow combination works perfectly!

    and that's true.

    But using the other method is *much* easier and *far* more versatile,
    especially if you've got Tom Dolbilin's MacSys installed anyway. The
    task manager pops up on my 3c when I press Shift-Menu.

    You can use MacSys to assign programs to *any* hotkey you choose.
    Admittedly it will only accept 64 hotkeys but that's enough and more for
    me. Actually I run more macros from it than programs.
    --

    Take care,
    Phil.

    http:\\www.philaypee.co.uk\index.html