Battery signals - Scion

This is a discussion on Battery signals - Scion ; I have a Psion 5MX which is telling me to replace the main batteries after only 7 hours. The meter shows two thirds power. My previous Psion 5 went about 16 hours on a set of batteries - is this ...

  1. Battery signals

    I have a Psion 5MX which is telling me to replace the main batteries
    after only 7 hours. The meter shows two thirds power.

    My previous Psion 5 went about 16 hours on a set of batteries - is this
    normal or does something need resetting?

  2. Re: Battery signals

    "Arthur Marshall" wrote in message
    >I have a Psion 5MX which is telling me to replace the main batteries
    > after only 7 hours. The meter shows two thirds power.
    >
    > My previous Psion 5 went about 16 hours on a set of batteries - is this
    > normal or does something need resetting?

    More likely something needs replacing- the main board in my case when this
    happened to my 5mx

  3. Re: Battery signals

    Hi,

    There are a whole bunch of utilities to help you but first you should do
    a *full* reset.

    Backup all your files to another computer (twice), take out the backup
    battery first, then the main batteries.

    Leave the bl**dy thing alone for at least 2 hours then reverse the
    process.

    If you still have a problem then the thing needs servicing.

    Try Pinnock (http://www.posltd.com/).
    --

    Take care,
    Phil.

    http:\\www.philaypee.co.uk\index.html

  4. Re: Battery signals / Drained fast

    My Ericsson, which I own a couple of years now, has a problem like that
    since approx. half a year. It lasts only for a day or so on a battery,
    even if it's (mainly) turned off during that period. So, I've got it
    nearly always connected to external power and I store all my data on
    the CF card only. With the Ericsson the meter also shows empty, so it
    really consumes the battery very fast. I don't know what triggered the
    increased power consumption.

    Greetings,
    Joan

    Arthur Marshall wrote:
    > I have a Psion 5MX which is telling me to replace the main batteries
    > after only 7 hours. The meter shows two thirds power.
    >
    > My previous Psion 5 went about 16 hours on a set of batteries - is this
    > normal or does something need resetting?

  5. Re: Battery signals / Drained fast

    "Joan" wrote in message
    news:1120458152.923117.6330@g49g2000cwa.googlegrou ps.com...
    > My Ericsson, which I own a couple of years now, has a problem like that
    > since approx. half a year. It lasts only for a day or so on a battery,
    > even if it's (mainly) turned off during that period. So, I've got it
    > nearly always connected to external power and I store all my data on
    > the CF card only. With the Ericsson the meter also shows empty, so it
    > really consumes the battery very fast. I don't know what triggered the
    > increased power consumption.

    Did you forget to turn off the Cable Link ?
    Also, there are some programs that chew juice. I seem to recall TwinKey was
    one that if left active consumed lots of juice, but I may be wide of the
    mark here.

    Dr. Dweeb

    > Greetings,
    > Joan
    >
    > Arthur Marshall wrote:
    >> I have a Psion 5MX which is telling me to replace the main batteries
    >> after only 7 hours. The meter shows two thirds power.
    >>
    >> My previous Psion 5 went about 16 hours on a set of batteries - is this
    >> normal or does something need resetting?

+ Reply to Thread