Connectin a Psion 5mx to a pc via IR - Scion

This is a discussion on Connectin a Psion 5mx to a pc via IR - Scion ; Is it possible ? How should I do ? I dont have the link cable. Thanks...

  1. Connectin a Psion 5mx to a pc via IR

    Is it possible ?
    How should I do ?
    I dont have the link cable.
    Thanks

  2. Re: Connectin a Psion 5mx to a pc via IR

    In article ,
    bg wrote:

    > Is it possible ?

    Possible but slower than serial.

    > How should I do ?

    You should have PsiWin 2.3.3 (or whatever is latest) installed on your
    Windows computer.

    PsiWin does NOT support IrDA, however if IrDA is installed, AND the IrDA
    supports serial communications (IrCOMMS) , then PsiWin will use it.

    Your Windows computer should be running Windows 98SE, or perhaps ME.
    Windows 98 (early versions) may need IrDA support added. Windows 95
    will need IrDA support, and may not work.

    Windows NT does NOT work (no IrDA support). Windows 2000 and XP do not
    have IrCOMMS support (Microsoft removed support for IrCOMMS - see their
    web site for details). You may be able to find IrDA drivers (Ir2000 ?)
    that reinstall IrCOMMS.

    Can't give many details about it. I dumped Windows a year ago.

    > I dont have the link cable.

    Buy the link cable would be my advice.

    Or, if you only need conversions (Word, Sheet, graphics, sounds) use a
    PCCard reader.

    If you need Sync (Agenda and Email) then a cable is best, but IrDA did
    work for me. There is a heap of stuff about it in Google.

    --
    http://www.ericlindsay.com

  3. Re: Connectin a Psion 5mx to a pc via IR

    "Eric Lindsay" <> In article ,
    > bg wrote:
    >
    > Can't give many details about it. I dumped Windows a year ago.

    Re
    Yes, best is to "delete" Windows.
    nb: There are USB keys which "install" iRcomm on xpPC

    > Or, if you only need conversions (Word, Sheet, graphics, sounds) use a
    > PCCard reader.

    RE
    Or, simpler nConvert from neuon.com

    Jack