5mx spontaneous reset - Scion

This is a discussion on 5mx spontaneous reset - Scion ; My 5mx reset itself yesterday, and did it again today. Can anyone suggest why this should happen? Don...

  1. 5mx spontaneous reset

    My 5mx reset itself yesterday, and did it again today. Can anyone
    suggest why this should happen?

    Don

  2. Re: 5mx spontaneous reset

    In article <42c12722.138836058@NNTP.paradise.net.nz>, Don Esslemont
    wrote:
    > My 5mx reset itself yesterday, and did it again today. Can anyone
    > suggest why this should happen?

    Loose batteries?

    --
    Aidan Karley,
    Aberdeen, Scotland,

  3. Re: 5mx spontaneous reset

    "Don Esslemont" wrote in message
    > My 5mx reset itself yesterday, and did it again today. Can anyone
    > suggest why this should happen?
    >
    > Don

    I had this problem with mine- it was the ribbon cable that carries the power
    from the battery to the board. I had a spare cable but can't find it
    otherwise you could have had it.

    Search the ng archives, you may find who the supplier is if that is your
    problem (or someone may recall who the supplier is)- strip the machine down
    and check your cable first though to see if it is your issue.

  4. Re: 5mx spontaneous reset

    Don Esslemont wrote:

    > My 5mx reset itself yesterday, and did it again today.
    > Can anyone suggest why this should happen?

    I had this problem with my 5mx for ages. I tried new batteries.
    I checked inside and nothing seemed to be out of place.

    Eventually someone suggested that the CompactFlash card I was
    using could be disagreeing with the 5mx in some way. I thought
    "how ridiculous" and did nothing about it for several months.

    Eventually I upgraded to a bigger CF card and have never had
    a spontaneous reset since. Go figure! Beats me.

    --
    James Taylor, London, UK PGP key: 3FBE1BF9
    To protect against spam, the address in the "From:" header is not valid.

  5. Re: 5mx spontaneous reset

    The problem could be one of a number os different problematic area from
    memeory to batteries.
    i would suggest sending to Pos to have it looked over.
    Regards
    Eddie

    "Don Esslemont" wrote in message
    > My 5mx reset itself yesterday, and did it again today. Can anyone
    > suggest why this should happen?
    >
    > Don

  6. Re: 5mx spontaneous reset

    Sorry, that should have read,
    The problem could be one of a number of different problematic areas, from
    memeory to batteries.
    i would suggest sending to Pos to have it looked over.
    Regards
    Eddie
    "Don Esslemont" wrote in message
    > My 5mx reset itself yesterday, and did it again today. Can anyone
    > suggest why this should happen?
    >
    > Don

  7. Re: 5mx spontaneous reset

    Backup then hardreboot and finally restore just he data files and not
    c:/system.

    --
    ,,,
    (._.)