Trying to convert a dbf file to Psion - Scion

This is a discussion on Trying to convert a dbf file to Psion - Scion ; Hello, I want to convert a Dbase DBF file to my Psion Revo, using PsiWin. However, all I get is a vague message like "cannot access" or "impossible to convert". No reason is given. Anyone who knows how to get ...

  1. Trying to convert a dbf file to Psion

    Hello,

    I want to convert a Dbase DBF file to my Psion Revo, using PsiWin. However,
    all I get is a vague message like "cannot access" or "impossible to
    convert". No reason is given. Anyone who knows how to get through?

    thanks in advance,

    --
    jjg

  2. Re: Trying to convert a dbf file to Psion

    "jg" schreef in bericht
    > Hello,
    >
    > I want to convert a Dbase DBF file to my Psion Revo, using PsiWin.

    However,
    > all I get is a vague message like "cannot access" or "impossible to
    > convert". No reason is given. Anyone who knows how to get through?
    >
    > thanks in advance,
    >
    > --
    > jjg

    Download PsiDat from http://www.millican.info/psidat.htm and install it on
    your Psion.
    This program can convert .dbf-files to Psion files.

  3. Re: Trying to convert a dbf file to Psion

    In article <42b2da2f$0$13986$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl>, Jg wrote:
    > However,
    > all I get is a vague message like "cannot access" or "impossible to
    > convert". No reason is given. Anyone who knows how to get through?

    I was just trying this on a trial DBF file I'd created myself
    and got the "Unable to convert" warning. My guess is that the file is
    not conforming strictly to dBase rules, which is not uncommon. There's
    all sorts of ju-ju there : 10-character, upper-case only field names,
    for example.
    You might do better exporting to a CSV ("comma-separated
    values") file which is also a flat file.
    --
    Aidan Karley,
    Aberdeen, Scotland,

+ Reply to Thread