SMTPauth, anyone using this? - Scion

This is a discussion on SMTPauth, anyone using this? - Scion ; Hi, My ISP has finally closed the access I was using, for un-authenticated SMTP email. I've installed the Java application from here - http://www.mvcsys.de/doc/smtpauth.html but I'm no programmer, and I don't really understand how to make it work for me. ...

  1. SMTPauth, anyone using this?

    Hi,

    My ISP has finally closed the access I was using, for un-authenticated
    SMTP email.

    I've installed the Java application from here -
    http://www.mvcsys.de/doc/smtpauth.html but I'm no programmer, and I
    don't really understand how to make it work for me. The readme files
    and web site documentation is a bit over my head.

    Is anyone here using this app. and able(and willing!) to take me
    through setting it up.

    As I said, I'm no programmer (

    Neil

  2. Re: SMTPauth, anyone using this?

    Neil wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > My ISP has finally closed the access I was using, for un-authenticated
    > SMTP email.
    >
    > I've installed the Java application from here -
    > http://www.mvcsys.de/doc/smtpauth.html but I'm no programmer, and I
    > don't really understand how to make it work for me. The readme files
    > and web site documentation is a bit over my head.
    >
    > Is anyone here using this app. and able(and willing!) to take me
    > through setting it up.
    >
    > As I said, I'm no programmer (
    >
    > Neil

    Hi. Don't know if it's relevant but I recently changed my email settings
    on a 5 MX to reflect the changes from my ISP. Where I used to have
    smtp.dsl.pipex.com for the outgoing server it's now
    smtpauth.dsl.pipex.com and it works ok. PS: I'm using the "standard"
    Psion email program.

+ Reply to Thread