Dead Revo :( - Scion

This is a discussion on Dead Revo :( - Scion ; It had to happen. My trusty Revo Plus has finally given up the ghost... Can anyone recommend somewhere in the East Anglia area that will repair them, or failing that, is it still possible to buy them? Cheers for any ...

  1. Dead Revo :(

    It had to happen.

    My trusty Revo Plus has finally given up the ghost...

    Can anyone recommend somewhere in the East Anglia area that will
    repair them, or failing that, is it still possible to buy them?

    Cheers for any help you can offer,
    Jim

  2. Re: Dead Revo :(

    Hi Jim,

    Try http://www.posltd.com/, though they’re in Streatham (I
    don't think that's in East Anglia).

    Take care,
    Phil.

    "Freedom is the handle on the bucket of your soul."

    http://www.philaypee.co.uk/

  3. Re: Dead Revo :(

    In article , PhilAP wrote:
    > Try http://www.posltd.com/, though they’re in Streatham (I
    > don't think that's in East Anglia).

    South-Central London. Take the overland train from Victoria to
    either Streatham Hill or Streatham High Road stations and then it's
    about 15 minutes walk from either. When I've had an ailing Psion, and
    something to do in London, It's taken me about 3/4 hour each way from
    whatever else I've been doing to drop the psion off for repair. You
    need to phone beforehand.

    http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.c....1313&scale=25
    000&icon=x shows the two stations on Streatham High Road (green legend,
    partly double carriageway) ; POS are almost exactly halfway between the
    two, on the opposite side of the road. And yes, they *do* accept
    Scottish notes, eventually. I don't know about East Anglian notes
    though.

    --
    Aidan Karley,
    Aberdeen, Scotland,

  4. Re: Dead Revo :(

    POS Ltd have recently moved from Streatham; they are now in Croydon:

    POS Ltd
    Unit 8
    Lombard Business Park
    20-26 Purley Way
    Croydon
    CR0 3JP

    There's a map at http://www.posltd.com/company.htm

    They are very good, and very fast. I once sent my broken-screen 3mx to them
    (when I lived in Inverness) on Monday morning, I got it back, good-as-new,
    before 9am on Wednesday!

    Gareth J M Saunders
    Edinburgh
    http://www.garethjmsaunders.co.uk/psion/

  5. Re: Dead Revo :(

    Is it the battery?

    Try http://www.psionflexi.co.uk/revobattery/index.htm

    The guy seems to have done a good job with screen problems on the 5 series.
    Duncan.

    "Jim Perfleet" wrote in message
    > It had to happen.
    >
    > My trusty Revo Plus has finally given up the ghost...
    >
    > Can anyone recommend somewhere in the East Anglia area that will
    > repair them, or failing that, is it still possible to buy them?
    >
    > Cheers for any help you can offer,
    > Jim

  6. Re: Dead Revo :(

    In article , Gareth J
    M Saunders wrote:
    > POS Ltd have rece

    I am happy to be corrected.

    For day-to-day Psionistas, what is the turn-around ?

    --
    Aidan Karley,
    Aberdeen, Scotland,
    Location: 57°10' N, 02°09' W (sub-tropical Aberdeen), 0.021233
    Written at Mon, 06 Jun 2005 00:09 +0100

  7. Re: Dead Revo :(

    "Aidan Karley" wrote in message news:VA.00000710.1cd52423@validemailaddresstoa.new s.group...
    In article , Gareth J
    M Saunders wrote:
    > POS Ltd have rece

    I am happy to be corrected.

    For day-to-day Psionistas, what is the turn-around ?

    They are fast, friendly and efficient - my 3mx has been serviced by them three times now, came back as a new machine each time! http://www.posltd.com/

    Mike W

+ Reply to Thread