Psion 5mx does not recognize Sandisk - Scion

This is a discussion on Psion 5mx does not recognize Sandisk - Scion ; Hello, I have bought 2 new 128MB and 64MB SanDisk CF cards. When I inserted 128MB card into the Psion 5mx and switch the device on, all my previously installed programs and files from 16MB internal memory were erased, i.e. ...

  1. Psion 5mx does not recognize Sandisk

    Hello,

    I have bought 2 new 128MB and 64MB SanDisk CF cards.

    When I inserted 128MB card into the Psion 5mx and switch the device on,
    all my previously installed programs and files from 16MB internal
    memory were erased, i.e. Psion was kind of reseted.

    Anyway, neither of 2 cards were recognized in the Psion.
    It is also not possible to format the cards.

    Maybe newly made SanDisk Compact Flash cards are no longer compatible
    with Psion 5mx?
    Any ideas?

    Thanks,
    Augustas

  2. Re: Psion 5mx does not recognize Sandisk

    "Augustas Kligys" wrote in message
    news:1116684395.525689.245200@g14g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have bought 2 new 128MB and 64MB SanDisk CF cards.
    >
    > When I inserted 128MB card into the Psion 5mx and switch the device on,
    > all my previously installed programs and files from 16MB internal
    > memory were erased, i.e. Psion was kind of reseted.
    >
    > Anyway, neither of 2 cards were recognized in the Psion.
    > It is also not possible to format the cards.
    >
    > Maybe newly made SanDisk Compact Flash cards are no longer compatible
    > with Psion 5mx?
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Augustas

    I had a sandisk that wouldnt work with my Psion years ago, but it did work
    in other machines. Change it for a different make.

  3. Re: Psion 5mx does not recognize Sandisk

    Have you tried to format it on your PC?

    "Alan Smith" schreef in bericht

    > "Augustas Kligys" wrote in message
    > news:1116684395.525689.245200@g14g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I have bought 2 new 128MB and 64MB SanDisk CF cards.
    > >
    > > When I inserted 128MB card into the Psion 5mx and switch the device on,
    > > all my previously installed programs and files from 16MB internal
    > > memory were erased, i.e. Psion was kind of reseted.
    > >
    > > Anyway, neither of 2 cards were recognized in the Psion.
    > > It is also not possible to format the cards.
    > >
    > > Maybe newly made SanDisk Compact Flash cards are no longer compatible
    > > with Psion 5mx?
    > > Any ideas?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Augustas
    > >

    > I had a sandisk that wouldnt work with my Psion years ago, but it did work
    > in other machines. Change it for a different make.

  4. Re: Psion 5mx does not recognize Sandisk

    I tried everything at the time. Formatting on pc's with different OS's, a
    Mac, digital camera, other Psions, an Ericsson, and another pda. I said it
    wouldn't work in my Psion and there is no way it would. Change it.

    "Richard van Stappershoef" wrote in
    message news:4290529a$0$60441$dbd43001@news.wanadoo.nl...
    > Have you tried to format it on your PC?
    >
    > "Alan Smith" schreef in bericht
    >>
    >> "Augustas Kligys" wrote in message
    >> news:1116684395.525689.245200@g14g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    >> > Hello,
    >> >
    >> > I have bought 2 new 128MB and 64MB SanDisk CF cards.
    >> >
    >> > When I inserted 128MB card into the Psion 5mx and switch the device on,
    >> > all my previously installed programs and files from 16MB internal
    >> > memory were erased, i.e. Psion was kind of reseted.
    >> >
    >> > Anyway, neither of 2 cards were recognized in the Psion.
    >> > It is also not possible to format the cards.
    >> >
    >> > Maybe newly made SanDisk Compact Flash cards are no longer compatible
    >> > with Psion 5mx?
    >> > Any ideas?
    >> >
    >> > Thanks,
    >> > Augustas
    >> >

    >> I had a sandisk that wouldnt work with my Psion years ago, but it did
    >> work
    >> in other machines. Change it for a different make.

+ Reply to Thread