Psion 5MX and SE K700i - Scion

This is a discussion on Psion 5MX and SE K700i - Scion ; Anyone successfully using a Sony-Ericsson K700i as a modem for a Psion 5mx or Ericsson MC-218? My previous phone, a SE T68i worked fine, but having now "upgraded" phones I find that my PDA doesn't link thru the IRDA and ...

  1. Psion 5MX and SE K700i

    Anyone successfully using a Sony-Ericsson K700i as a modem for a Psion
    5mx or Ericsson MC-218?

    My previous phone, a SE T68i worked fine, but having now "upgraded"
    phones I find that my PDA doesn't link thru the IRDA and my original
    Bluetooth headset doesn't work either! Have upgraded headset, but there
    is still no decent replacement/upgrade for the 5mx (and I have two of
    them).

    I thought these thigs were supposed to be backwards compatible?

  2. Re: Psion 5MX and SE K700i

    wrote in message
    news:1116522727.667247.234840@f14g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
    > Anyone successfully using a Sony-Ericsson K700i as a modem for a Psion
    > 5mx or Ericsson MC-218?
    >
    > My previous phone, a SE T68i worked fine, but having now "upgraded"
    > phones I find that my PDA doesn't link thru the IRDA and my original
    > Bluetooth headset doesn't work either! Have upgraded headset, but there
    > is still no decent replacement/upgrade for the 5mx (and I have two of
    > them).
    >
    > I thought these thigs were supposed to be backwards compatible?

    Well the Psion 5mx works fine with my P910i on the IR port.

    Martin

  3. Re: Psion 5MX and SE K700i

    On Thu, 19 May 2005 18:22:40 +0100, Martin wrote
    (in article <428ccb6a_3@mk-nntp-1.news.uk.worldonline.com>):

    > wrote in message
    > news:1116522727.667247.234840@f14g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
    >> Anyone successfully using a Sony-Ericsson K700i as a modem for a Psion
    >> 5mx or Ericsson MC-218?
    >>
    >> My previous phone, a SE T68i worked fine, but having now "upgraded"
    >> phones I find that my PDA doesn't link thru the IRDA and my original
    >> Bluetooth headset doesn't work either! Have upgraded headset, but there
    >> is still no decent replacement/upgrade for the 5mx (and I have two of
    >> them).
    >>
    >> I thought these thigs were supposed to be backwards compatible?
    >>

    > Well the Psion 5mx works fine with my P910i on the IR port.
    >
    > Martin

    have tried a S700i and Psion 5 and it works ( i do miss my psion - replaced
    it with a sony clie about a year ago)

    if it works with the s700i i would have thought that it it would work with
    the K700i as they seem to be almost the same.

    (hope this has helped)

  4. Re: Psion 5MX and SE K700i

    Martin wrote:
    > wrote in message
    > news:1116522727.667247.234840@f14g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
    > > Anyone successfully using a Sony-Ericsson K700i as a modem for a

    Psion
    > > 5mx or Ericsson MC-218?
    > >
    > > My previous phone, a SE T68i worked fine, but having now "upgraded"
    > > phones I find that my PDA doesn't link thru the IRDA and my

    original
    > > Bluetooth headset doesn't work either! Have upgraded headset, but

    there
    > > is still no decent replacement/upgrade for the 5mx (and I have two

    of
    > > them).
    > >
    > > I thought these thigs were supposed to be backwards compatible?
    > >

    > Well the Psion 5mx works fine with my P910i on the IR port.
    >
    > Martin

    Can you do me a favour and let me know your 5mx settings pls? Maybe I
    have to alter something?

    I get message that there is "no response from modem". I know IR works
    as transferred phone directory from one phone to other via IR. [And
    yes, before anyone asks, I have turned the IR on]. Now on my second
    K700i and same problem with both (first one didn't work with Voda
    Live!) which is why I was interested in whether anyone has same set-up.
    Not in a great hurry to hassle dealer for a 3rd K700i as this one
    (after 4 attempts) now handles Email as well as internet (something the
    1st one didn't do either).
    I have not altered any of the settings yet as still have the T68i and
    am using that to send the emails I write on the run on the 5mx, but
    carrying two phones is a bit of a burden at times!

  5. Re: Psion 5MX and SE K700i

    On Fri, 20 May 2005 17:27:57 +0100, mrripcurl@yahoo.com.au wrote
    (in article <1116606477.554028.94010@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.c om>):

    > Martin wrote:
    >> wrote in message
    >> news:1116522727.667247.234840@f14g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
    >>> Anyone successfully using a Sony-Ericsson K700i as a modem for a

    > Psion
    >>> 5mx or Ericsson MC-218?
    >>>
    >>> My previous phone, a SE T68i worked fine, but having now "upgraded"
    >>> phones I find that my PDA doesn't link thru the IRDA and my

    > original
    >>> Bluetooth headset doesn't work either! Have upgraded headset, but

    > there
    >>> is still no decent replacement/upgrade for the 5mx (and I have two

    > of
    >>> them).
    >>>
    >>> I thought these thigs were supposed to be backwards compatible?
    >>>

    >> Well the Psion 5mx works fine with my P910i on the IR port.
    >>
    >> Martin

    > Can you do me a favour and let me know your 5mx settings pls? Maybe I
    > have to alter something?
    >
    > I get message that there is "no response from modem". I know IR works
    > as transferred phone directory from one phone to other via IR. [And
    > yes, before anyone asks, I have turned the IR on]. Now on my second
    > K700i and same problem with both (first one didn't work with Voda
    > Live!) which is why I was interested in whether anyone has same set-up.
    > Not in a great hurry to hassle dealer for a 3rd K700i as this one
    > (after 4 attempts) now handles Email as well as internet (something the
    > 1st one didn't do either).
    > I have not altered any of the settings yet as still have the T68i and
    > am using that to send the emails I write on the run on the 5mx, but
    > carrying two phones is a bit of a burden at times!

    will get teh settings for you, but it will be later today. (SAT)

    sorry - work away from home and dont get to check news while away.

  6. Re: Psion 5MX and SE K700i

    layabout wrote:
    > On Fri, 20 May 2005 17:27:57 +0100, mrripcurl@yahoo.com.au wrote
    > (in article <1116606477.554028.94010@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.c om>):
    >

    > > Martin wrote:
    > >> wrote in message
    > >> news:1116522727.667247.234840@f14g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...

    > > Psion

    > > original

    > > there

    > > of

    > >> Well the Psion 5mx works fine with my P910i on the IR port.
    > >>
    > >> Martin

    > > Can you do me a favour and let me know your 5mx settings pls? Maybe I
    > > have to alter something?
    > >
    > > I get message that there is "no response from modem". I know IR works
    > > as transferred phone directory from one phone to other via IR. [And
    > > yes, before anyone asks, I have turned the IR on]. Now on my second
    > > K700i and same problem with both (first one didn't work with Voda
    > > Live!) which is why I was interested in whether anyone has same set-up.
    > > Not in a great hurry to hassle dealer for a 3rd K700i as this one
    > > (after 4 attempts) now handles Email as well as internet (something the
    > > 1st one didn't do either).
    > > I have not altered any of the settings yet as still have the T68i and
    > > am using that to send the emails I write on the run on the 5mx, but
    > > carrying two phones is a bit of a burden at times!
    > >

    > will get teh settings for you, but it will be later today. (SAT)
    >
    > sorry - work away from home and dont get to check news while away.

    Did you send the settings and I missed them, or have you been too busy?
    Not the end of the world, but have just got the dealer to swop my
    phones yet again and still have the same IRDA problem!! [Got the new
    one due to continual battery problems and now I think they've given me
    an older phone rather than a newer one so am becoming convinced I'll
    never win!]

+ Reply to Thread