Password protecting files on a Revo? - Scion

This is a discussion on Password protecting files on a Revo? - Scion ; Hi, I may have missed it but I can't see a way of password protecting an individual file on the Revo (as you can on the old Psion 3). Can this be done with the standard setup? If not is ...

  1. Password protecting files on a Revo?

    Hi,

    I may have missed it but I can't see a way of password protecting an
    individual file on the Revo (as you can on the old Psion 3).

    Can this be done with the standard setup? If not is there any additional
    software I could install to do this?

    Thanks for any info.

    John Smith.

  2. Re: Password protecting files on a Revo?

    I may have missed it but I can't see a way of password protecting an
    individual file on the Revo (as you can on the old Psion 3).

    Can this be done with the standard setup? If not is there any
    additional
    software I could install to do this?

    Press "Fn" and "?"
    That gets you to Help
    Type "password", press Enter
    Click on "Passwords on files"
    Help yourself

  3. Re: Password protecting files on a Revo?

    "John Smith" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I may have missed it but I can't see a way of password protecting an
    > individual file on the Revo (as you can on the old Psion 3).
    >
    > Can this be done with the standard setup? If not is there any additional
    > software I could install to do this?
    >
    > Thanks for any info.
    >
    > John Smith.

    I use the password login feature on my Revo, which means that the entire
    machine is protected. Its a bit of a pain having to put in the password
    everytime I open it up, but at least its reasonably secure.

    If you want to protect individual files you might look at something like
    this...
    http://www.bioeddie.co.uk/months/Fre...ption2002.html

  4. Re: Password protecting files on a Revo?

    news:1115646945.458270.310650@f14g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...

    --------------------------------
    > Press "Fn" and "?"
    > That gets you to Help
    > Type "password", press Enter
    > Click on "Passwords on files"
    > Help yourself

    Apart from it being "Fn" and "," on my Revo, this is really interesting.

    You know I never knew you could do that.

    Cheers

  5. Re: Password protecting files on a Revo?

    "John Smith" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I may have missed it but I can't see a way of password protecting an
    > individual file on the Revo (as you can on the old Psion 3).
    >
    > Can this be done with the standard setup? If not is there any additional
    > software I could install to do this?
    >
    > Thanks for any info.
    >
    > John Smith.

    On the psion 3, the files were password protected, but not encrypted. They
    were easily viewable after transfer to a computer and opening in notepad or
    something. I don't think it encrypts on Epoc 5, either.

    Duncan.

+ Reply to Thread