Compatibility beetween psinwin 2.3 and Xin XP SP2 - Scion

This is a discussion on Compatibility beetween psinwin 2.3 and Xin XP SP2 - Scion ; Is there any kind of incompatibilty beetween xin xp pro with sp2 and psiwin 2.3? i can't connect my psion 5mx with my computer. is there a known problem that i don't know or is it impossible make this connection? ...

  1. Compatibility beetween psinwin 2.3 and Xin XP SP2

    Is there any kind of incompatibilty beetween xin xp pro with sp2 and psiwin
    2.3?
    i can't connect my psion 5mx with my computer.
    is there a known problem that i don't know or is it impossible make this
    connection?

    TIA
    Fernando Franco

  2. Re: Compatibility beetween psinwin 2.3 and Xin XP SP2

    "Palmtops Online" wrote in message
    | Is there any kind of incompatibilty beetween xin xp pro with sp2 and
    psiwin
    | 2.3?
    | i can't connect my psion 5mx with my computer.
    | is there a known problem that i don't know or is it impossible make
    this
    | connection?
    |
    | TIA
    | Fernando Franco

    Does that SP add or change the firewall settings? Have you allowed the
    communication?

  3. Re: Compatibility beetween psinwin 2.3 and Xin XP SP2

    On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 at 18:00:39 in message
    <423c68d4$0$1857$a729d347@news.telepac.pt>, Palmtops Online
    wrote:
    >Is there any kind of incompatibilty beetween xin xp pro with sp2 and psiwin
    >2.3?
    >i can't connect my psion 5mx with my computer.
    >is there a known problem that i don't know or is it impossible make this
    >connection?

    There does not appear to be any problem on my machine there. I use XP
    Pro and Psiwin 2.3 and have no trouble with it. I am interfacing with an
    early version of Lotus organiser (2.10) which does everything I want.

    Can you say if it installs on your machine and what error messages you
    get when you try to use it? I am still connecting through a serial port.

    You must get the right serial port specified to the Psion and the
    location of the files has to be correctly specified to the Psiwin.
    --
    David CL Francis

  4. Re: Compatibility beetween psinwin 2.3 and Xin XP SP2

    There's no error reported

    They simply can't connect

    The dialog box says...Connecting

    but fails to Connect

    I have only one Com port wich is the Com1 but nothing happen.

    Fernando Franco

    "David CL Francis" escreveu na mensagem
    > On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 at 18:00:39 in message
    > <423c68d4$0$1857$a729d347@news.telepac.pt>, Palmtops Online
    > wrote:
    >>Is there any kind of incompatibilty beetween xin xp pro with sp2 and
    >>psiwin
    >>2.3?
    >>i can't connect my psion 5mx with my computer.
    >>is there a known problem that i don't know or is it impossible make this
    >>connection?
    >>

    > There does not appear to be any problem on my machine there. I use XP Pro
    > and Psiwin 2.3 and have no trouble with it. I am interfacing with an early
    > version of Lotus organiser (2.10) which does everything I want.
    >
    > Can you say if it installs on your machine and what error messages you get
    > when you try to use it? I am still connecting through a serial port.
    >
    > You must get the right serial port specified to the Psion and the location
    > of the files has to be correctly specified to the Psiwin.
    > --
    > David CL Francis

  5. Re: Compatibility beetween psinwin 2.3 and Xin XP SP2

    Check that you haven't got something really processor intensive running in
    the system tray. I found that setiathome is one culprit. On a machine
    running seti you have to shutdown the set system tray app, in order to
    achieve a connection between PsiWin and a Psion PDA.

    > There's no error reported
    >
    > They simply can't connect
    >
    > The dialog box says...Connecting
    >
    > but fails to Connect
    >
    > I have only one Com port wich is the Com1 but nothing happen.
    >
    > Fernando Franco
    >
    > "David CL Francis" escreveu na mensagem
    > > On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 at 18:00:39 in message
    > > <423c68d4$0$1857$a729d347@news.telepac.pt>, Palmtops Online
    > > wrote:
    > >>Is there any kind of incompatibilty beetween xin xp pro with sp2 and
    > >>psiwin
    > >>2.3?
    > >>i can't connect my psion 5mx with my computer.
    > >>is there a known problem that i don't know or is it impossible make this
    > >>connection?
    > >>

    > > There does not appear to be any problem on my machine there. I use XP

    Pro
    > > and Psiwin 2.3 and have no trouble with it. I am interfacing with an

    early
    > > version of Lotus organiser (2.10) which does everything I want.
    > >
    > > Can you say if it installs on your machine and what error messages you

    get
    > > when you try to use it? I am still connecting through a serial port.
    > >
    > > You must get the right serial port specified to the Psion and the

    location
    > > of the files has to be correctly specified to the Psiwin.
    > > --
    > > David CL Francis

  6. Re: Compatibility beetween psinwin 2.3 and Xin XP SP2

    On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 09:09:25 -0000, "Palmtops Online"
    wrote:

    >There's no error reported
    >
    >They simply can't connect
    >
    >The dialog box says...Connecting
    >
    >but fails to Connect
    >
    >I have only one Com port wich is the Com1 but nothing happen.
    >
    >Fernando Franco

    I have connected the 5MX to three computers, all running XP. There are
    no problems.

    The total lack of an error message is very odd. The normal
    "Connection failed" message gives you access to a button to change the
    connection properties. If you don't get the message, you can't access
    the connection and make the changes. I don't know of any other way to
    access them, (maybe someone else does)

    Here are a couple of common problems:
    However both should give an error message.

    Are you sure comms is switched to "Cable" on the Psion?
    Are you sure your computer has not pinched COM1 for an internal modem
    or somesuch? (Check in Control Panel/Device Manager).

    Otherwise I think you will need to reinstall Psiwin.
    Good luck.
    --
    John Adams.
    I do not check this mail account. Please reply to Newsgroup.

  7. Re: Compatibility beetween psinwin 2.3 and Xin XP SP2

    I run it on my machine without problems. Have you checked that no other
    device is looking at the Com port you are trying to use? Or software for
    that matter. If you have fax software or anther PDa or a Bluetooth dongle or
    something like that.

    Martin

  8. Re: Compatibility beetween psinwin 2.3 and Xin XP SP2

    "David CL Francis" wrote in message
    > On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 at 18:00:39 in message
    > <423c68d4$0$1857$a729d347@news.telepac.pt>, Palmtops Online
    > wrote:
    >>Is there any kind of incompatibilty beetween xin xp pro with sp2 and
    >>psiwin
    >>2.3?
    >>i can't connect my psion 5mx with my computer.
    >>is there a known problem that i don't know or is it impossible make this
    >>connection?
    >>

    > There does not appear to be any problem on my machine there. I use XP Pro
    > and Psiwin 2.3 and have no trouble with it. I am interfacing with an early
    > version of Lotus organiser (2.10) which does everything I want.

    Is Lotus organiser better than Outlook? Does it sync well with the 5 or 3
    series?

    Duncan.

  9. Re: Compatibility beetween psinwin 2.3 and Xin XP SP2

    Duncan,

    On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 at 09:08:29 in message ,
    Duncan J Murray

    wrote:
    >> There does not appear to be any problem on my machine there. I use XP Pro
    >> and Psiwin 2.3 and have no trouble with it. I am interfacing with an early
    >> version of Lotus organiser (2.10) which does everything I want.

    >Is Lotus organiser better than Outlook? Does it sync well with the 5 or 3
    >series?

    I have been using Lotus Organiser 2.1 a long time, which I suppose makes
    me very used to it. Personally I find it very easy to use. On screen it
    looks just like a book or a paper organiser. If you are interested I can
    email a full screen shot of it to you. Let me know - it will be about
    123Kb JPG file.

    I synchronise it with my Psion 5mx. You have to make sure the path to
    the Lotus file is properly defined in the set up for Psiwin 2.3. It
    sounds obvious but it has caught me out once or twice over the years!
    Previously I connected just fine with my Psion 3a.

    You can reply by email to this message - it should work!

    David
    --
    David CL Francis

+ Reply to Thread