Keyboard switch between Netbook and Sevenbook - Scion

This is a discussion on Keyboard switch between Netbook and Sevenbook - Scion ; I just got a very nice Netbook. I have been using an older, not as nice, series 7 upgraded to a Netbook. The Netbook has an English keyboard and the 7 an American keyboard. I'm going to install the Netbook ...

  1. Keyboard switch between Netbook and Sevenbook

    I just got a very nice Netbook.

    I have been using an older, not as nice, series 7 upgraded to a
    Netbook.

    The Netbook has an English keyboard and the 7 an American keyboard.
    I'm going to install the Netbook OS American version on the Netbook.

    That will mess up the "2", "3", and " " " keys, won't it?

    Can I switch just those keys (not the entire keyboard!) from the Seven
    to the Netbook and from the Netbook to the Seven (and then install the
    UK OS on the Sevenbook)?

    Will that work?

    Thanks!

  2. Re: Keyboard switch between Netbook and Sevenbook

    "Bob G" schreef in bericht
    news:1110403396.892095.166650@l41g2000cwc.googlegr oups.com...
    > I just got a very nice Netbook.
    >
    > I have been using an older, not as nice, series 7 upgraded to a
    > Netbook.
    >
    > The Netbook has an English keyboard and the 7 an American keyboard.
    > I'm going to install the Netbook OS American version on the Netbook.
    >
    > That will mess up the "2", "3", and " " " keys, won't it?
    >
    > Can I switch just those keys (not the entire keyboard!) from the Seven
    > to the Netbook and from the Netbook to the Seven (and then install the
    > UK OS on the Sevenbook)?
    >
    > Will that work?
    >
    > Thanks!

    This should indeed work, but be careful of course. :-)
    Why wouldn't you switch the whole keyboard, by the way ?

  3. Re: Keyboard switch between Netbook and Sevenbook

    > Why wouldn't you switch the whole keyboard, by the way ?

    Don't know how to do it. Any web site with instructions? Thanks.

  4. Re: Keyboard switch between Netbook and Sevenbook

    Bob G wrote:
    > > Why wouldn't you switch the whole keyboard, by the way ?

    > Don't know how to do it. Any web site with instructions? Thanks.

    If I understand what you want to do try here

    http://wave.prohosting.com/netbook1/...kkeyboard.html

    Colin

+ Reply to Thread