Backup and restore to different MX5 - Scion

This is a discussion on Backup and restore to different MX5 - Scion ; Can someone point me to a quick fix here - I want to backup one mx5 and restore to another. Effectively making a mirror image of all apps and agenda. Redundancy a wonderful tool - - If i knew how ...

  1. Backup and restore to different MX5

    Can someone point me to a quick fix here -
    I want to backup one mx5 and restore to another.
    Effectively making a mirror image of all apps and agenda.
    Redundancy a wonderful tool - - If i knew how to use it..
    Thanks

  2. Re: Backup and restore to different MX5

    No 5mx now, but from memory-

    There's a copy option in the menu. Copy all of the files to a CF. Then
    copy the files from the CF to the second machine. I think there's a
    copy disk option to do them all at once. Don't forget to set it to show
    hidden files or you may miss some files - especially if checking
    afterwards.

    Without a CF do the same to and from your PC, but the CF way is easier
    and faster.

    "Garry Moore" wrote in message
    | Can someone point me to a quick fix here -
    | I want to backup one mx5 and restore to another.
    | Effectively making a mirror image of all apps and agenda.
    | Redundancy a wonderful tool - - If i knew how to use it..
    | Thanks

  3. Re: Backup and restore to different MX5

    In article , Garry Moore wrote:
    > Can someone point me to a quick fix here -
    > I want to backup one mx5 and restore to another.

    Stick a suitable-sized CF card into the donor Psion;
    Copy full contents of C: drive to D: drive (make sure you've set
    up so you can see hidden files etc). Move the CF card (D: drive) to the
    target machine; copy everything back from D drive to the target C
    drive.
    You should be able to do it with PsiWin too, but I don't
    remember how.

    > Redundancy a wonderful tool - - If i knew how to use it..

    You can say that again!

    --
    Aidan Karley,
    Aberdeen, Scotland,

  4. Re: Backup and restore to different MX5

    On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 09:28:35 +1300, "Garry Moore"
    wrote:

    >Can someone point me to a quick fix here -
    >I want to backup one mx5 and restore to another.
    >Effectively making a mirror image of all apps and agenda.
    >Redundancy a wonderful tool - - If i knew how to use it..
    >Thanks

    To do it with PsiWin, you back-up from the first 5mx to the PC. When you
    connect the second 5mx, it will ask you whether you want to create a second
    "profile" or whether this is a "replacement" machine (I can't remember the
    exact phrase). Tell it that it's a replacement/use-the-same-profile, and
    then you'll be able to restore the backup to the second 5mx.

    Regards,

  5. Re: Backup and restore to different MX5

    Solved: Thanks people

    NB I had trouble with the "restore from psiwin to a new unit, the options
    simply were not there, so an old camera cf card did the trick.
    cheers

    "Graham Holden" wrote in message
    > On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 09:28:35 +1300, "Garry Moore"
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Can someone point me to a quick fix here -
    > >I want to backup one mx5 and restore to another.
    > >Effectively making a mirror image of all apps and agenda.
    > >Redundancy a wonderful tool - - If i knew how to use it..
    > >Thanks

    > To do it with PsiWin, you back-up from the first 5mx to the PC. When you
    > connect the second 5mx, it will ask you whether you want to create a

    second
    > "profile" or whether this is a "replacement" machine (I can't remember the
    > exact phrase). Tell it that it's a replacement/use-the-same-profile, and
    > then you'll be able to restore the backup to the second 5mx.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Graham Holden (g-holden AT dircon DOT co DOT uk)
    > --
    > There are 10 types of people in the world;
    > those that understand binary and those that don't.

+ Reply to Thread