What we're all waiting for? - Scion

This is a discussion on What we're all waiting for? - Scion ; Could swear I've seen that keyboard somewhere before. http://www.road-gmbh.de/produkte/index_01.html...

  1. What we're all waiting for?

    Could swear I've seen that keyboard somewhere before.

    http://www.road-gmbh.de/produkte/index_01.html

  2. Re: What we're all waiting for?

    Noah Spamm wrote:

    > Could swear I've seen that keyboard somewhere before.
    >
    > http://www.road-gmbh.de/produkte/index_01.html

    I think a lot of people without German language knowledge prefer the english
    link:

    http://www.road-gmbh.de/en/produkte/index_01.html

    --
    ,,,
    (._.)

  3. Re: What we're all waiting for?

    AM Christophe writes
    >Noah Spamm wrote:
    >
    >> Could swear I've seen that keyboard somewhere before.
    >>
    >> http://www.road-gmbh.de/produkte/index_01.html

    >I think a lot of people without German language knowledge prefer the english
    >link:
    >
    >http://www.road-gmbh.de/en/produkte/index_01.html

    Width 128 mm. Only 2/3 the size

    Cheers,
    Guy

  4. Re: What we're all waiting for?

    In message , AM Christophe
    writes
    >Noah Spamm wrote:
    >
    >> Could swear I've seen that keyboard somewhere before.
    >>
    >> http://www.road-gmbh.de/produkte/index_01.html

    >I think a lot of people without German language knowledge prefer the english
    >link:
    >
    >http://www.road-gmbh.de/en/produkte/index_01.html

    Hey, even better!
    http://www.road-gmbh.de/en/produkte/index_06.html
    Decent keyboard, plus Symbian OS!

    or Linux if you are so inclined:
    http://www.road-gmbh.de/en/produkte/index_04.html

    Just has to be too good to be true?

    --
    To reply, remove unwanted bits.
    unwantedguy@steelunwantedpillow.unwanted.com

    Cheers,
    Guy

  5. Re: What we're all waiting for?

    AM Christophe wrote:

    > Noah Spamm wrote:
    >
    >> Could swear I've seen that keyboard somewhere before.
    >>
    >> http://www.road-gmbh.de/produkte/index_01.html

    > I think a lot of people without German language knowledge prefer the
    > english link:
    >
    > http://www.road-gmbh.de/en/produkte/index_01.html

    Just one thing: it could be easier for them to ask Nokia for the hardware.
    The 9500 is so powerful (and with corners less round) :

    http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,8764,54108,00.html

    The 9500 missing things : better keyboard + Linux + Swiveling screen
    (swiveling screen like the SL-C3000 from Sharp Japan
    http://www.ezaurus.com) + smaller thickness.

    --
    ,,,
    (._.)

  6. Re: What we're all waiting for?

    AM Christophe wrote:
    > Noah Spamm wrote:
    >
    >> Could swear I've seen that keyboard somewhere before.
    >>
    >> http://www.road-gmbh.de/produkte/index_01.html

    > I think a lot of people without German language knowledge prefer the
    > english link:
    >
    > http://www.road-gmbh.de/en/produkte/index_01.html

    Looks cool to me. Rather a like the device we have all wanted for some
    tiome now.
    I's like to have one in my hand to try. I would of course prefer the
    symbian solution rather than Linux I think. :-)

    Dr. Dweeb

  7. Re: What we're all waiting for?

    Dr. Dweeb wrote:
    > AM Christophe wrote:
    >> I think a lot of people without German language knowledge prefer the
    >> english link:
    >>
    >> http://www.road-gmbh.de/en/produkte/index_01.html

    > Looks cool to me. Rather a like the device we have all wanted for some
    > tiome now.
    > I's like to have one in my hand to try. I would of course prefer the
    > symbian solution rather than Linux I think. :-)

    The Nokia 9500 has bluetooth + wifi + a camera.

    As I'm always suspicious, I would say that all those posts on this newgroup
    about this device and the www.road-gmbh.de website is just a kind of
    "ingenious publicity" for the Nokia 9500. Same posts appeared on different
    forums.

    Their device is the same device as the 9500 but with less good hardware but
    everyone "like it". Yes, "ingenious publicity" to grab Linux users
    attention and press attention.

    Of course, this is just speculation. Good work thought. Would love to have
    Linux on this device.

    --
    ,,,
    (._.)

  8. Re: What we're all waiting for?

    In article ,
    >Their device is the same device as the 9500 but with less good hardware

    For me, the lack of touchscreen is why I wouldn'y buy a 9500... So the
    "ROAD" has better hardware in this sense than the 9500.

    but the price tag... 1400 euros!

    --
    Colas Nahaboo, Webcore, ILOG Sophia Antipolis, http://colas.nahaboo.net

  9. Re: What we're all waiting for?

    Colas Nahaboo wrote:
    > In article ,
    >> Their device is the same device as the 9500 but with less good
    >> hardware

    > For me, the lack of touchscreen is why I wouldn'y buy a 9500... So the
    > "ROAD" has better hardware in this sense than the 9500.
    >
    > but the price tag... 1400 euros!´

    Eeek - I did not notice that price.
    If the 9500 had a touch screen then I would be happy with it.

    Dr. Dweeb

  10. Re: What we're all waiting for?

    Captain's log. On StarDate 23 Feb 2005 11:11:21 GMT received comm from
    cnahaboo@ilog.fr (Colas Nahaboo) on channel comp.sys.psion.misc:

    : In article ,
    : >Their device is the same device as the 9500 but with less good hardware
    :
    : For me, the lack of touchscreen is why I wouldn'y buy a 9500... So the
    : "ROAD" has better hardware in this sense than the 9500.
    :
    : but the price tag... 1400 euros!

    Personally I will consider this Windows Mobile based phone from HTC when it will
    be released (as T-Mobile MDA IV, Orange SPV 3G and Vodafone VPA IV):

    http://www.msmobiles.com/news.php/3584.html
    http://www.msmobiles.com/news.php/3586.html

    martin törnsten

    --
    martinot@gmail.com

  11. Re: What we're all waiting for?

    I've just had a play with a Nokia 9300 and the keyboard seems completely
    unresponsive and almost impossible to type on. Maybe it's because I was
    playing with a dummy phone in a shop - or are they all that bad? Looks
    like my 5MX is going to live a bit longer

  12. Re: What we're all waiting for?

    Martin Törnsten wrote:
    > Captain's log. On StarDate 23 Feb 2005 11:11:21 GMT received comm from
    > cnahaboo@ilog.fr (Colas Nahaboo) on channel comp.sys.psion.misc:
    >
    >> In article ,
    >>> Their device is the same device as the 9500 but with less good
    >>> hardware

    >> For me, the lack of touchscreen is why I wouldn'y buy a 9500... So
    >> the "ROAD" has better hardware in this sense than the 9500.
    >>
    >> but the price tag... 1400 euros!

    > Personally I will consider this Windows Mobile based phone from HTC
    > when it will be released (as T-Mobile MDA IV, Orange SPV 3G and
    > Vodafone VPA IV):
    >
    > http://www.msmobiles.com/news.php/3584.html
    > http://www.msmobiles.com/news.php/3586.html
    >
    > martin törnsten

    I see there is a 9300 from Nokia now. The size factor is right, no camera
    to add bulk. Just needs a touch screen and your away.

    Dr. Dweeb

  13. Re: What we're all waiting for?

    "Dr. Dweeb" <5msg0h202@sneakemail.com> wrote:
    > If the 9500 had a touch screen then I would be happy with it.

    No touchscreen? So any software developer will be forced to support
    keyboard use without lazily supporting touchscreen only?

    I'll buy one!

    Keyboardingly, Bill.

    --
    http://billpg.me.uk/
    usenet(at)billpg(dot)me(dot)uk

  14. Re: What we're all waiting for?

    "Bill Godfrey" wrote in message
    > "Dr. Dweeb" <5msg0h202@sneakemail.com> wrote:
    >> If the 9500 had a touch screen then I would be happy with it.

    > No touchscreen? So any software developer will be forced to support
    > keyboard use without lazily supporting touchscreen only?
    >
    > I'll buy one!

    Yes!!! Nokia know what we're thinking! It's funny how I thought the
    touchscreen on the series 5 would make the series 3 better - maybe if it was
    implemented better it might have been.

    So do people think the 9300 is the new Psion?

    Anyone know if calendar is the same as my dearly beloved agenda? I need to
    know this because there's no where I can try out the phone...

    Duncan.

  15. Re: What we're all waiting for?

    In article , Duncan J Murray wrote:
    > So do people think the 9300 is the new Psion?
    >
    > Anyone know if calendar is the same as my dearly beloved agenda? I need to
    > know this because there's no where I can try out the phone...

    From http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/03...a_9300_review/ , the reviewer,
    an erstwhile Psioneer, tells us :
    > And to an extent, in the 9300, both of those hopes for something better have been
    > fulfilled. This is essentially the old EPOC ER5 PDA suite (minus the flat file
    > database) running on a phone.

    As a Psion user with a Nokia phone that is ... ailing (one more soaking and it's
    a DMMF, I fear) ... well, an interesting review.

    I see you're asking the comparison question in a separate thread.

    --
    Aidan Karley,
    Aberdeen, Scotland,

+ Reply to Thread