multiple contacts folders - how to - Scion

This is a discussion on multiple contacts folders - how to - Scion ; Hi there. I am pretty sure that it is possible to have two separate contacts files on a MC218 or 5MX - but I can't remember how. Please could someone point me to a solution?...

  1. multiple contacts folders - how to

    Hi there. I am pretty sure that it is possible to have two separate
    contacts files on a MC218 or 5MX - but I can't remember how. Please
    could someone point me to a solution?

  2. Re: multiple contacts folders - how to

    DJL wrote:
    > Hi there. I am pretty sure that it is possible to have two separate
    > contacts files on a MC218 or 5MX - but I can't remember how. Please
    > could someone point me to a solution?

    Hi DJL, usually, you can have only one contacts file...
    but you might want to take a look at contacts+:
    http://www.symbianware.com/product.p...cts_p&pl=psion
    (haven't tried it myself, though)

    Hope this helps

  3. Re: multiple contacts folders - how to

    kelderek wrote:
    > DJL wrote:
    >> Hi there. I am pretty sure that it is possible to have two separate
    >> contacts files on a MC218 or 5MX - but I can't remember how. Please
    >> could someone point me to a solution?

    > Hi DJL, usually, you can have only one contacts file...
    > but you might want to take a look at contacts+:
    > http://www.symbianware.com/product.p...cts_p&pl=psion
    > (haven't tried it myself, though)
    >
    > Hope this helps

    IMHO this is the best Contacts program for the Psion. I actually paid for
    this product early in its lifetime, and still use it daily.

    ciao
    Dr. Dweeb

  4. Re: multiple contacts folders - how to

    Hi,

    If Contacts+ isn't powerful enough the same people sell iContacts,
    which I use.

    It is excellent.

    Take care,
    Phil.

    "Everything in excess!
    To enjoy the flavour of life, take big bites.
    Moderation is for monks."

    http://www.philaypee.co.uk

  5. Re: multiple contacts folders - how to

    Thanks guys - will try it later this week and see if it does what I
    need!

    Dr. Dweeb <5msg0h202@sneakemail.com> wrote:

    > kelderek wrote:
    > > DJL wrote:
    > >> Hi there. I am pretty sure that it is possible to have two separate
    > >> contacts files on a MC218 or 5MX - but I can't remember how. Please
    > >> could someone point me to a solution?

    > > Hi DJL, usually, you can have only one contacts file...
    > > but you might want to take a look at contacts+:
    > > http://www.symbianware.com/product.p...cts_p&pl=psion
    > > (haven't tried it myself, though)
    > >
    > > Hope this helps

    > IMHO this is the best Contacts program for the Psion. I actually paid for
    > this product early in its lifetime, and still use it daily.
    >
    > ciao
    > Dr. Dweeb

  6. Re: multiple contacts folders - how to

    I've downloaded contacts+ - but don't understand how to use it! I can't
    seem to find out how to set up a second, empty contacts file so that I
    can fill it with new work data rather than filling up the current,
    personal contacts file - I'm sure it's me being dumb but guidance
    appreciated!
    DJL

    DJL wrote:

    > Thanks guys - will try it later this week and see if it does what I
    > need!
    >

    > Dr. Dweeb <5msg0h202@sneakemail.com> wrote:
    >
    > > kelderek wrote:
    > > >
    > > > Hi DJL, usually, you can have only one contacts file...
    > > > but you might want to take a look at contacts+:
    > > > http://www.symbianware.com/product.p...cts_p&pl=psion
    > > > (haven't tried it myself, though)
    > > >
    > > > Hope this helps

    > > IMHO this is the best Contacts program for the Psion. I actually paid for
    > > this product early in its lifetime, and still use it daily.
    > >
    > > ciao
    > > Dr. Dweeb

  7. Re: multiple contacts folders - how to

    DJL wrote:
    > I've downloaded contacts+ - but don't understand how to use it! I
    > can't seem to find out how to set up a second, empty contacts file so
    > that I can fill it with new work data rather than filling up the
    > current, personal contacts file - I'm sure it's me being dumb but
    > guidance appreciated!
    > DJL

    There are detailed instructions, however you are labouring under a
    conceptual misaprehension. Contacts plus is a directory structure based on
    a single contacts file. That means that you set up as many different
    directories as you need

    Family
    Clients
    Girls
    Tradesmen
    Travel
    -- Airlines
    -- Hotels
    -- Car Rentals

    etc etc etc.

    You cannot use a sub-directory name twice as they use a single name space,
    somewhat of a design error, but not a big problem.

    Do you get the idea ? The whole point is that EVERYTHING is in one file, so
    you do not need to think about into which file to put items, just which
    directory. A much more sensible approach.

    Dr. Dweeb

    > DJL wrote:
    >
    >> Thanks guys - will try it later this week and see if it does what I
    >> need!
    >>

    >> Dr. Dweeb <5msg0h202@sneakemail.com> wrote:

    >>> IMHO this is the best Contacts program for the Psion. I actually
    >>> paid for this product early in its lifetime, and still use it daily.
    >>>
    >>> ciao
    >>> Dr. Dweeb

+ Reply to Thread