5MX repair - Scion

This is a discussion on 5MX repair - Scion ; After dropping my 5MX, the backlight has ceased functioning (unless there's a setting that I've forgotten, that allows you to turn it off), and also the Stylus no longer will fit inside, instead faces some resistance. Are either of these ...

  1. 5MX repair

    After dropping my 5MX, the backlight has ceased functioning (unless
    there's a setting that I've forgotten, that allows you to turn it off),
    and also the Stylus no longer will fit inside, instead faces some
    resistance.

    Are either of these problems fixable my self, and if not, is there
    anywhere I could get it repaired.

    Many Thanks

    Paul Kellaway

  2. Re: 5MX repair

    Take a look at http://www.psionflexi.co.uk
    --
    Nick in Northallerton
    www.whelan.me.uk

  3. Re: 5MX repair

    In article ,
    Nick wrote:
    > - And on Fri, 18 Feb 2005 18:00:51 +0000, it was spake thus in
    > said in message Paul Kellaway
    > :

    > > After dropping my 5MX, the backlight has ceased functioning (unless
    > > there's a setting that I've forgotten, that allows you to turn it
    > > off), and also the Stylus no longer will fit inside, instead faces
    > > some resistance.
    > >
    > > Are either of these problems fixable my self, and if not, is there
    > > anywhere I could get it repaired.
    > >

    > > Many Thanks
    > >
    > > Paul Kellaway

    > Take a look at http://www.psionflexi.co.uk

    Or www.posltd.com

  4. Re: 5MX repair

    Paul

    I run www.psionflexi.co.uk and would be happy to look at your machine and
    give you my opinion. To be honest the machines are very robust and it is
    VERY likely that the fault is the flexi. There is more info and disassembly
    instructions on my web site if you want to diagnose yourself.

    Hope that helps

    Paul

    "Paul Kellaway" wrote in message
    > After dropping my 5MX, the backlight has ceased functioning (unless
    > there's a setting that I've forgotten, that allows you to turn it off),
    > and also the Stylus no longer will fit inside, instead faces some
    > resistance.
    >
    > Are either of these problems fixable my self, and if not, is there
    > anywhere I could get it repaired.
    >

    > Many Thanks
    >
    > Paul Kellaway

  5. Re: 5MX repair

    Wrighty wrote:

    > Paul
    >
    > I run www.psionflexi.co.uk and would be happy to look at your machine and
    > give you my opinion.

    Paul, your site redirects to www.psionflexi.fsbusiness.co.uk

    Today, I managed to get in after a few attempts, but in the past week or
    two, it always got a DSN lookup failure. You may wish to contact your
    ISP to ensure that all their DNS servers are updated to serve your host name.

    I had no problem getting www.fsbusiness.co.uk, but
    www.psionflexi.fsnusinees.co.uk woudl fail. indicating that the problem
    was one of config in the dns servers responsible for fsbusiness.co.uk
    (there are 4).

    I sent you an emaiil a few days ago,. not sure if you got it.

+ Reply to Thread