Psion 3mx won't open - Scion

This is a discussion on Psion 3mx won't open - Scion ; Hi, Just went to open my s3 mx and it wont open past about 90 degrees ! Nothing is obviously blocking the hinge and I daren't force it any more. It also will not switch on..... Anyone come across this ...

  1. Psion 3mx won't open

    Hi,

    Just went to open my s3 mx and it wont open past about 90 degrees ! Nothing
    is obviously blocking the hinge and I daren't force it any more. It also
    will not switch on.....

    Anyone come across this before???

    Cheers, Mike

  2. Re: Psion 3mx won't open

    Spock wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Just went to open my s3 mx and it wont open past about 90 degrees !
    > Nothing is obviously blocking the hinge and I daren't force it any
    > more. It also will not switch on.....
    >
    > Anyone come across this before???

    I don't think so... but is the button-bar bulging out and catching, perhaps?
    Try gentle pressure on it while opening.

    Mike.
    --
    If reply address = connectfee, add an r because it is free not fee.

  3. Re: Psion 3mx won't open

    Mike Coon wrote:
    :: Spock wrote:
    ::: Hi,
    :::
    ::: Just went to open my s3 mx and it wont open past about 90 degrees !
    ::: Nothing is obviously blocking the hinge and I daren't force it any
    ::: more. It also will not switch on.....
    :::
    ::: Anyone come across this before???
    ::
    :: I don't think so... but is the button-bar bulging out and catching,
    :: perhaps? Try gentle pressure on it while opening.
    ::
    :: Mike.
    :: --

    Thanks for reply.

    I removed the 4 screws holding on the battery holder and noticed the small
    pin of the left hand hinge was slightly out of position by a couple of mm
    and was jamming on the back of button bar, I pushed it back in and all was
    well. If I was more observant I could have fixed this without removing the
    battery holder.

    Replacing the main batteries caused it to swithch on again with all data
    intact!

    Mike.

  4. Re: Psion 3mx won't open

    On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 17:40:19 GMT, "Spock"
    wrote:

    Way to go, Mike! :-)

    I'll have it in mind if the same happens to me.

    regards
    Per, Denmark (another faithful 3mx user)

    >Thanks for reply.
    >
    >I removed the 4 screws holding on the battery holder and noticed the small
    >pin of the left hand hinge was slightly out of position by a couple of mm
    >and was jamming on the back of button bar, I pushed it back in and all was
    >well. If I was more observant I could have fixed this without removing the
    >battery holder.
    >
    >Replacing the main batteries caused it to swithch on again with all data
    >intact!
    >
    >Mike.

    vil du maile til mig/for mail:

    skriv/write: rathje