Psion Mx/psiwin handshaking - Scion

This is a discussion on Psion Mx/psiwin handshaking - Scion ; I am using a Psion 5mx and Windows XP and have, until recently been able (using PSIwin) to transfer information from one to the other. Currently I am unable to connect. The icon bar at the bottom of the XP ...

  1. Psion Mx/psiwin handshaking

    I am using a Psion 5mx and Windows XP and have, until recently been able
    (using PSIwin) to transfer information from one to the other.

    Currently I am unable to connect. The icon bar at the bottom of the XP
    desktop screen shows the horizontle line but when right click on it and
    click "connect" I get the connecting box and then the Connect problem box.

    Can anyone help me to establish handshaking once again please.

    Fred Hughes

  2. Re: Psion Mx/psiwin handshaking

    Hi Fred,

    thus spoke Fred Hughes:
    > I am using a Psion 5mx and Windows XP and have, until recently
    > been able (using PSIwin) to transfer information from one to
    > the other.
    >
    > Currently I am unable to connect. The icon bar at the bottom of
    > the XP desktop screen shows the horizontle line but when right
    > click on it and click "connect" I get the connecting box and
    > then the Connect problem box.
    >
    > Can anyone help me to establish handshaking once again please.

    Uncheck all ports, except the one your Psion is connected to.
    Additionally place it at the top of the list. HTH.

    Greets, Dirk

  3. Re: Psion Mx/psiwin handshaking

    thus spoke Dirk G. Straka:
    [...]
    > Uncheck all ports, except the one your Psion is connected to.
    > Additionally place it at the top of the list. HTH.

    Addendum: Perhaps there are some PsiWin zombies running. Use
    task manager ( -> Processes) to check if any of
    "CopyAny.exe", "ElogErr.exe" or "Prc32Eng.exe" are running. If
    so, terminate them, then try to connect again ...

    Greets, Dirk

+ Reply to Thread