multiple contacts appearing - Scion

This is a discussion on multiple contacts appearing - Scion ; I've been synchronising my 5MX with contacts in Outlook for the past few months. I seem to get a number of contacts duplicating themselves - cloning! Can somone avise on what may be causing this and how I can stop ...

  1. multiple contacts appearing

    I've been synchronising my 5MX with contacts in Outlook for the past few
    months. I seem to get a number of contacts duplicating themselves -
    cloning! Can somone avise on what may be causing this and how I can stop
    it? The data is then swapped with my wife's MC218 if this is a factor,
    cheers
    david

  2. Re: multiple contacts appearing

    On Wednesday, in article
    <1giqedu.wkl6is1k6ss9oN%RonaldAcheson@stones.com>
    RonaldAcheson@stones.com "Ronald Acheson" wrote:

    > I've been synchronising my 5MX with contacts in Outlook for the past few
    > months. I seem to get a number of contacts duplicating themselves -
    > cloning! Can somone avise on what may be causing this and how I can stop
    > it? The data is then swapped with my wife's MC218 if this is a factor,
    > cheers

    It can be. I often had this problem with PsiWin at work, less so here
    at home. Different factors seem to confuse records of the UIDs of
    individual contact records, and you end up with geometric duplication
    (first 1 duplicate, then 2, then 4, then 8, and so on...). I find it
    best to treat Outlook as definitive, make a new entry for the offending
    record(s) by hand, make them distinguishable from the others (specific
    annotation in the "notes" field, for instance), then delete all other
    copies from both Outlook AND the Psion, before then synchronising, allowing
    that process to create the new, "clean" copy on the Psion, and confirming
    the deletions queries. Sometimes, it is best just completely delete the
    contacts file and recreate it from scratch with a new synchronisation.
    --
    Raj Rijhwani | This is the voice of the Mysterons...
    raj@rijhwani.org | ... We know that you can hear us Earthmen

+ Reply to Thread