Psion mx - Scion

This is a discussion on Psion mx - Scion ; Still tangling with the change from a Psion 5 to an mx. Advice as to how to install the WAP or web browser now - I've got the latest stuff on the Palmtop magazine disc - do I just install ...

  1. Psion mx

    Still tangling with the change from a Psion 5 to an mx.

    Advice as to how to install the WAP or web browser now - I've got the
    latest stuff on the Palmtop magazine disc - do I just install message
    suite as before? Do I need Java to run the Opera broswer?

    I knew I should have kept all the old magazines when I moved house...

  2. Re: Psion mx

    > latest stuff on the Palmtop magazine disc - do I just install message
    > suite as before?

    DO NOT INSTALL Message Suit on a 5MX. Message Suit is for the Series 5 only.
    The 5mx has Email & fax built in. You need only install Opera or Web 2.xx.

    Richard

    "Arthur Marshall" wrote in message
    > Still tangling with the change from a Psion 5 to an mx.
    >
    > Advice as to how to install the WAP or web browser now - I've got the

    Do I need Java to run the Opera broswer?

    > I knew I should have kept all the old magazines when I moved house...

  3. Re: Psion mx

    The message
    from "BackToRiding" contains these words:

    > > latest stuff on the Palmtop magazine disc - do I just install message
    > > suite as before?

    > DO NOT INSTALL Message Suit on a 5MX. Message Suit is for the Series 5 only.
    > The 5mx has Email & fax built in. You need only install Opera or Web 2.xx.

    I was looking for Web2.xx but I can't find it - the mx I got came
    without the disk. I can't find it on the net either - any ideas? I know
    I could use Opera, and I know it's better, but I so rarely use the
    broswer...

  4. Re: Psion mx

    On Wednesday, in article <2004081820203872543@zetnet.co.uk>
    arthurm@zetnet.co.uk "Arthur Marshall" wrote:

    > I was looking for Web2.xx but I can't find it - the mx I got came
    > without the disk. I can't find it on the net either - any ideas? I know
    > I could use Opera, and I know it's better, but I so rarely use the
    > broswer...

    Opera 3.62 is/was free and fully functional, and vastly better than
    Psion's own. I have either here in .ZIP form. 776KB or 401KB
    respectively. I can put it somewhere where you can download it.
    --
    Raj Rijhwani | This is the voice of the Mysterons...
    raj@rijhwani.org | ... We know that you can hear us Earthmen

  5. Re: Psion mx

    > > I was looking for Web2.xx but I can't find it - the mx I got came
    > > without the disk. I can't find it on the net either - any ideas?

    Re:
    for 5 mx only:
    http://pda.tucows.com/epoc/preview/49226.html
    HTH
    Jack

  6. Re: Psion mx

    In article <20040819.0034.5114snz@rijhwani.org>,
    Raj Rijhwani wrote:
    > Opera 3.62 is/was free and fully functional, and vastly better than
    > Psion's own. I have either here in .ZIP form. 776KB or 401KB
    > respectively. I can put it somewhere where you can download it.

    Yes please. I too would appreciate that.

    --
    Brian Adam
    Auckland NEW ZEALAND

  7. Re: Psion mx

    The message <412531c6$0$26982$626a14ce@news.free.fr>
    from "Jack" contains these words:

    > > > I was looking for Web2.xx but I can't find it - the mx I got came
    > > > without the disk. I can't find it on the net either - any ideas?

    > Re:
    > for 5 mx only:
    > http://pda.tucows.com/epoc/preview/49226.html

    Sadly that's just a patch for the Web program - won't work without it.

  8. Re: Psion mx

    The message <20040819.0034.5114snz@rijhwani.org>
    from raj@rijhwani.org (Raj Rijhwani) contains these words:

    > Opera 3.62 is/was free and fully functional, and vastly better than
    > Psion's own. I have either here in .ZIP form. 776KB or 401KB
    > respectively. I can put it somewhere where you can download it.

    Hi again. I've found the free Opera version but would still appreciate
    Web if you can let me know where that might be lurking. I found it via
    the links on your site by the way - very enjoyable all round.

    --
    Arthur Marshall - Caller for Traditional Dances
    http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/barndancer/

  9. Re: Psion mx

    On Friday, in article <4ce10618b1pochino@paradise.net.nz>
    pochino@paradise.net.nz "pochino" wrote:

    > In article <20040819.0034.5114snz@rijhwani.org>,
    > Raj Rijhwani wrote:
    > > Opera 3.62 is/was free and fully functional, and vastly better than
    > > Psion's own. I have either here in .ZIP form. 776KB or 401KB
    > > respectively. I can put it somewhere where you can download it.

    > Yes please. I too would appreciate that.

    I'd just like to point out that I've been corrected - Opera 3.62 was
    a free *evaluation*, but it still stands that it ran on both the
    5 and the 5mx. I can't make these things available to the world
    at large - a) because I don't want too much bandwidth eating, and
    b) because it would contravene the terms of the original downloads.
    --
    Raj Rijhwani | This is the voice of the Mysterons...
    raj@rijhwani.org | ... We know that you can hear us Earthmen
    http://www.rijhwani.org/raj/ | "Lieutenant Green: Launch all Angels!"

  10. Re: Psion mx

    Raj Rijhwani wrote:

    > I'd just like to point out that I've been corrected - Opera 3.62 was
    > a free *evaluation*, but it still stands that it ran on both the
    > 5 and the 5mx. I can't make these things available to the world
    > at large - a) because I don't want too much bandwidth eating, and
    > b) because it would contravene the terms of the original downloads.

    You can still get Opera 3.60 (and 5.13, btw) from Opera:
    http://arc.opera.com/pub/opera/symbian/360/er5
    http://arc.opera.com/pub/opera/symbi.../final/en/er5/
    (Didn't test the download.)

    André