5 to mx - more - Scion

This is a discussion on 5 to mx - more - Scion ; Turns out you can't do a straight Series 5 restore to a new MX, as i find out after three days... it mucks Word up, loses the templates and you can't make new files. However, having got close, can someone ...

  1. 5 to mx - more

    Turns out you can't do a straight Series 5 restore to a new MX, as i
    find out after three days... it mucks Word up, loses the templates and
    you can't make new files.

    However, having got close, can someone remind me how I can get a
    shortcut to a new file onto the desktop? I've got Street and Route and
    want the icons on the desktop rather than in the extras bar- I did it on
    the 5 and can't recall how.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: 5 to mx - more

    I use a utility called MenuS5 to group applications.
    http://mypage.bluewin.ch/YetAnotherH.../menus5gb.html

    "Arthur Marshall" wrote in message
    > Turns out you can't do a straight Series 5 restore to a new MX, as i
    > find out after three days... it mucks Word up, loses the templates and
    > you can't make new files.
    >
    > However, having got close, can someone remind me how I can get a
    > shortcut to a new file onto the desktop? I've got Street and Route and
    > want the icons on the desktop rather than in the extras bar- I did it on
    > the 5 and can't recall how.
    >
    > Thanks.

  3. Re: 5 to mx - more

    Hi Arthur,

    thus spoke Arthur Marshall:
    [...]
    > However, having got close, can someone remind me how I can get
    > a shortcut to a new file onto the desktop? I've got Street and
    > Route and want the icons on the desktop rather than in the
    > extras bar- I did it on the 5 and can't recall how.

    Try NoMore: http://www.google.com/search?q=nomore+psion

    Using it for years now, living w/o is hard to imagine 4 me. ;o)

    Greets, Dirk

+ Reply to Thread