JVM and plain Revo - Scion

This is a discussion on JVM and plain Revo - Scion ; Dear All, I have a Psion Revo. NOT a revo plus or a seris 5mx, just a Revo. I like it a lot. I'd like to run (and possibly write) some small JAVA programs on it but I can't find ...

  1. JVM and plain Revo

    Dear All,

    I have a Psion Revo. NOT a revo plus or a seris 5mx, just a Revo.
    I like it a lot.
    I'd like to run (and possibly write) some small JAVA programs on
    it but I can't find a copy of the JVM that will run.
    Obviously I've had this little beast for a while and have managed
    to loose the WinCD (I've moved countries).

    Could someone point me to a JVM that will work? Or a copy of the
    WinCD on the net? (I''d also like a copy of Spell at some point!)

    Many thanks,

    Ben.

    PS I tried the one from PSION for the PSION 5mx. It installs ok, but
    it just gives me errors when I run it.

  2. Re: JVM and plain Revo

    Are you sure that it's not a 'memory full' error? Only the *.dll file of JVM
    is 2,1MB. Next over 2MB you need to run it. I have problems on my 16MB
    machine, probably your 8MB is not enough.
    Witold
    Uzytkownik "Ben" napisal w wiadomosci
    news:2a74635a.0408112250.54f33516@posting.google.c om...
    > Dear All,
    >
    > I have a Psion Revo. NOT a revo plus or a seris 5mx, just a Revo.
    > I like it a lot.
    > I'd like to run (and possibly write) some small JAVA programs on
    > it but I can't find a copy of the JVM that will run.
    > Obviously I've had this little beast for a while and have managed
    > to loose the WinCD (I've moved countries).
    >
    > Could someone point me to a JVM that will work? Or a copy of the
    > WinCD on the net? (I''d also like a copy of Spell at some point!)
    >
    > Many thanks,
    >
    > Ben.
    >

    > PS I tried the one from PSION for the PSION 5mx. It installs ok, but
    > it just gives me errors when I run it.

  3. Re: JVM and plain Revo

    > ...Are you sure that it's not a 'memory full' error? ...

    I'm sure. I removed pretty much eveything else off the machine and I
    got a load of other strange errors.

    Actually - I've just tried it again the 'java.exe' program just returs
    without printing any messages. Perhaps I am using it incorrectly?

    I am running EpocDos(ver 5.21.02) and then running java from the
    command line. Is there a better way? What are the command line
    arguments? I just want to run a quick "hello world" style command line
    java program.

    Thanks for your help.

    Ben

  4. Re: JVM and plain Revo

    I sent a private mail 2U, where you can find two *.sis files. But, your
    school server only generated automatic response. I hope that you'll find my
    message.
    news:2a74635a.0408122247.303ebed6@posting.google.c om...
    > > ...Are you sure that it's not a 'memory full' error? ...

    > I'm sure. I removed pretty much eveything else off the machine and I
    > got a load of other strange errors.
    >
    > Actually - I've just tried it again the 'java.exe' program just returs
    > without printing any messages. Perhaps I am using it incorrectly?
    >
    > I am running EpocDos(ver 5.21.02) and then running java from the
    > command line. Is there a better way? What are the command line
    > arguments? I just want to run a quick "hello world" style command line
    > java program.
    >
    > Thanks for your help.
    >
    > Ben

+ Reply to Thread