Solution Oval Problem - Scion

This is a discussion on Solution Oval Problem - Scion ; For those interested how I solved the problem posted before. I actually don't have any clue of what caused the problem, I seriously think that it is a bug in Oval or even in the Workabout. However, I managed to ...

  1. Solution Oval Problem

    For those interested how I solved the problem posted before.

    I actually don't have any clue of what caused the problem, I seriously
    think that it is a bug in Oval or even in the Workabout.
    However, I managed to get around it. The crash occured when an exit
    sub-statement was executed in a form_load procedure. I removed it and made
    some ugly hacks to avoid the rest of the code, except for a code that
    called a subroutine. So to make the program happy it had to enter a
    subroutine, do nothing, exit from that and then exit the sub.
    This is of course a scary solution since I still have no clue of what
    caused the error and if it will come back somewhere else or if the ugly
    hack causes new errors etc etc.

    But that's the way I managed to get around the problem anyway.
    Thanks again to every two who tried to help

    /Karl

  2. Re: Solution Oval Problem

    Skarlman wrote:

    > For those interested how I solved the problem posted before.
    >
    > I actually don't have any clue of what caused the problem, I seriously
    > think that it is a bug in Oval or even in the Workabout.
    > However, I managed to get around it. The crash occured when an exit
    > sub-statement was executed in a form_load procedure. I removed it and made
    > some ugly hacks to avoid the rest of the code, except for a code that
    > called a subroutine. So to make the program happy it had to enter a
    > subroutine, do nothing, exit from that and then exit the sub.
    > This is of course a scary solution since I still have no clue of what
    > caused the error and if it will come back somewhere else or if the ugly
    > hack causes new errors etc etc.
    >
    > But that's the way I managed to get around the problem anyway.
    > Thanks again to every two who tried to help
    >
    > /Karl

    I already saw this error I think (at last . It was because the Form is not
    completely initialised when running the "on load" procedure. As a previous
    reply said, your error is certainly a memory leak. Change your application
    structure. If you need to unload your Form before displaying it, you should
    be able to call something else before. A function could check your
    "problematic states" and then load your Form (if all is Ok) or exit.

    --
    ,,,
    (._.)

+ Reply to Thread