PsiWIN & Win2000 - Scion

This is a discussion on PsiWIN & Win2000 - Scion ; Hi folks Necessity now forces me to back up etc my 5mx with PsiWIN on a different PC running Win2K rather than Win98. Can someone remind me of a URL which deals with the problems bearing in mind it was ...

  1. PsiWIN & Win2000

    Hi folks

    Necessity now forces me to back up etc my 5mx with PsiWIN on a different PC
    running Win2K rather than Win98.

    Can someone remind me of a URL which deals with the problems bearing in mind
    it was supposed not to work under Win2K

    Cheers

  2. Re: PsiWIN & Win2000

    Gandalf wrote:

    > Hi folks
    >
    > Necessity now forces me to back up etc my 5mx with PsiWIN on a different
    > PC running Win2K rather than Win98.
    >
    > Can someone remind me of a URL which deals with the problems bearing in
    > mind it was supposed not to work under Win2K
    >
    > Cheers

    Get the latest Psiwin 2.3.x from Psion web site or PsionTeklogix web site.
    It's written in 2.3.x documentation that it is compatible with Win2000.
    (tested a few years ago but I don't know if it's still true).

    --
    ,,,
    (._.)

  3. Re: PsiWIN & Win2000

    "Gandalf" wrote in message
    > Hi folks
    >
    > Necessity now forces me to back up etc my 5mx with PsiWIN on a different

    PC
    > running Win2K rather than Win98.
    >
    > Can someone remind me of a URL which deals with the problems bearing in

    mind
    > it was supposed not to work under Win2K
    >
    > Cheers

    I'm running PsiWin under W2K... No problems. Downloaded latest version from
    Psion, installed, worked straight away.

  4. Re: PsiWIN & Win2000

    Hi Gandalf,

    thus spoke Gandalf:
    [...]
    > Can someone remind me of a URL which deals with the problems
    > bearing in mind it was supposed not to work under Win2K

    Problems have been with PsiWin 2.1, IIRC. 2.33 works fine, just
    install and enjoy. ;o) You can even use IR - with IrCOMM2k:
    http://www.stud.uni-hannover.de/~kis...ish/index.html

    Greets, Dirk

  5. Re: PsiWIN & Win2000

    PsiWin 2.3.3 work perfectly fine in Windows 2000. It was tested in that
    environment.

    regards

    "Gandalf" wrote in message
    > Hi folks
    >
    > Necessity now forces me to back up etc my 5mx with PsiWIN on a different

    PC
    > running Win2K rather than Win98.
    >
    > Can someone remind me of a URL which deals with the problems bearing in

    mind
    > it was supposed not to work under Win2K
    >
    > Cheers

  6. Re: PsiWIN & Win2000

    "B"

    > PsiWin 2.3.3 work perfectly fine in Windows 2000. It was tested in that
    > environment.

    Wished I could confirm.

    Andreas

  7. Re: PsiWIN & Win2000

    Hi Andreas,

    thus spoke Andreas Thaler:
    > > PsiWin 2.3.3 work perfectly fine in Windows 2000.
    > > It was tested in that environment.

    > Wished I could confirm.

    You can: Just do it. ;o)

    Greets, Dirk - while restoring his CF-Card with PsiWin@Win2k