Oval problem - Scion

This is a discussion on Oval problem - Scion ; hi, I'm currently working on a program for the psion workabout, written in Oval. The problem is that the program crashes after one of the forms has loaded (and exited the load procedure, which makes it extra strange since it ...

  1. Oval problem

    hi,
    I'm currently working on a program for the psion workabout, written in
    Oval.
    The problem is that the program crashes after one of the forms has loaded
    (and exited the load procedure, which makes it extra strange since it
    shouldn't be executing any code)
    It's not a regular error that can be caught in oval it's something more
    serious.
    It says something like:

    OVRUN.$12
    ---------
    Process exited
    Exit number 13

    Continue
    [ESC]

    Anyone have any clues of what it might be?
    (It can have something to do with database access, but It's just a loose
    shot.)

  2. Re: Oval problem

    Skarlman wrote:
    > It says something like:
    >
    > OVRUN.$12
    > ---------
    > Process exited
    > Exit number 13

    You will have to build a little program and to use it to display the error
    message corresponding to the error 13.

    Chapter 10 of the Oval manual is where you will find the required
    information to build your "Show Me All Bugs Message And their Numbers"
    program.

    Have fun.
    Regards.

    --
    ,,,
    (._.)

  3. Re: Oval problem

    Hi again

    > You will have to build a little program and to use it to display the error
    > message corresponding to the error 13.

    Are you sure that it can be done? It's not an error trappable by any on
    error statements.

    > Chapter 10 of the Oval manual is where you will find the required
    > information to build your "Show Me All Bugs Message And their Numbers"
    > program.

    Unfortunately I don't have that manual :/
    You don't have any idea of what the error can be about?

    /Karl

  4. Re: Oval problem

    Skarlman wrote:

    > Hi again
    >
    >> You will have to build a little program and to use it to display the
    >> error message corresponding to the error 13.

    > Are you sure that it can be done? It's not an error trappable by any on
    > error statements.

    Yes. It just a call to an Oval function that print on the screen the message
    corresponding to the provided error number. (print Error(13) or similiar. I
    don't remember. 2 years since last time I used Oval).

    >> Chapter 10 of the Oval manual is where you will find the required
    >> information to build your "Show Me All Bugs Message And their Numbers"
    >> program.

    > Unfortunately I don't have that manual :/
    > You don't have any idea of what the error can be about?
    >
    > /Karl

    Very very bad Karl! You get the program but you haven't got the manual.

    The last time I checked, all chapters were free to download as PDF on the
    http://www.psionteklogix.com web site. You will perhaps need to register
    the "free partner program".

    btw, you can also contact the PsionTeklogix support center nearest you. More
    info on their web site of course. I don't know if it is still free but I
    guess so.

    --
    ,,,
    (._.)

  5. Re: Oval problem

    > Yes. It just a call to an Oval function that print on the screen the message
    > corresponding to the provided error number. (print Error(13) or similiar. I
    > don't remember. 2 years since last time I used Oval).

    ok, you're thinking of Error$. Didn't think I could use that since it's
    not a regular oval error, but more of an error message from the underlying
    system. If this is the same error codes then it's a type mistatch.
    (surprise, surprise). The strange thing is that the program shouldn't be
    executing any code at the moment it occures, it's out of all subs that
    should be called (i.e. Load()) And I've enabled false all timers which
    even remotely could cause any interference. In addition, the error occures
    only in very specific cases, which should be no diffrent from all other
    cases.
    It's really annoying.

    >> Unfortunately I don't have that manual :/

    > Very very bad Karl! You get the program but you haven't got the manual.

    I'm only hired to fix this, I had no part in the original development of
    the program (which occurred several years ago), so I'm lucky that I
    at least got the program!

    > The last time I checked, all chapters were free to download as PDF on the
    > http://www.psionteklogix.com web site. You will perhaps need to register
    > the "free partner program".

    Have registered there and looked around their site for half an hour
    approx, but no luck. Oval is probably to old.

    > btw, you can also contact the PsionTeklogix support center nearest you. More
    > info on their web site of course. I don't know if it is still free but I
    > guess so.

    I've looked around a bit but there is no support center in this country
    even from what I've seen. But if nothing else helps I guess it's my last
    resort.

    thanks anyway

    /Karl

  6. Re: Oval problem

    Workabout info:

    http://www.psionteklogix.com/public....at=171&pID=753

    And if you are registered to the partner program, have a look on what is on
    the left of this page:

    http://www.psionteklogix.com/teknet/...rkaboutmx-pdk/

    --
    ,,,
    (._.)

  7. Re: Oval problem

    Wonderful!
    Strange that I didn't manage to find it myself, but thanks a lot!

    Hope the issue is a bug in oval and an upgrade to the latest version will
    solve it!

    /Karl

    > Workabout info:
    >
    > http://www.psionteklogix.com/public....at=171&pID=753
    >
    > And if you are registered to the partner program, have a look on what is on
    > the left of this page:
    >
    > http://www.psionteklogix.com/teknet/...rkaboutmx-pdk/
    >

    > --
    > ,,,
    > (._.)
    > /|\+\\
    > \|/ @u(==-

  8. Re: Oval problem

    > Hope the issue is a bug in oval and an upgrade to the latest version will
    > solve it!

    Update???? That would be a miracle. As far as I know, the last version of
    oval was released in 1996(7).... Don't hold your breath.

    Richard

    "Skarlman" wrote in message
    news:Pine.LNX.4.60.0408031357240.507@lethe.olf.sgs net.se...

    > Wonderful!
    > Strange that I didn't manage to find it myself, but thanks a lot!
    >

    > /Karl
    >

    > > Workabout info:

    http://www.psionteklogix.com/public....at=171&pID=753

    > > And if you are registered to the partner program, have a look on what is

    on
    > > the left of this page:
    > >
    > > http://www.psionteklogix.com/teknet/...rkaboutmx-pdk/
    > >

    > > --
    > > ,,,
    > > (._.)
    > > /|\+\\
    > > \|/ @u(==-

  9. Re: Oval problem

    >> Hope the issue is a bug in oval and an upgrade to the latest version will
    >> solve it!

    > Update???? That would be a miracle. As far as I know, the last version of
    > oval was released in 1996(7).... Don't hold your breath.

    Funny enough the version I had was older
    What's not so funny is that the error still remains!
    I checked the cpt 10 of the oval manual as recommended before, but since
    it isn't a regular error, chapter 10 (about error handeling) didn't cover
    it.

    This is getting really frustrating..

    /Karl

  10. Re: Oval problem

    Skarlman wrote:

    >>> Hope the issue is a bug in oval and an upgrade to the latest version
    >>> will solve it!

    >> Update???? That would be a miracle. As far as I know, the last version of
    >> oval was released in 1996(7).... Don't hold your breath.

    1996 is the 1.0 or 1.1 version. At present, oval version is 2.10.

    > Funny enough the version I had was older
    > What's not so funny is that the error still remains!
    > I checked the cpt 10 of the oval manual as recommended before, but since
    > it isn't a regular error, chapter 10 (about error handeling) didn't cover
    > it.
    >
    > This is getting really frustrating..
    >
    > /Karl

    You should consider two things:

    1. It's perhaps because you have an error in your application structure. A
    hard to find and fix apparently.

    2. The PTX technical support will perhaps been able to help you tracing the
    error if you contact/phone them.

    --
    ,,,
    (._.)

  11. Re: Oval problem

    Skarlman wrote:

    >>> Hope the issue is a bug in oval and an upgrade to the latest version
    >>> will solve it!

    >> Update???? That would be a miracle. As far as I know, the last version of
    >> oval was released in 1996(7).... Don't hold your breath.

    1996 is for Oval 1.1 release.
    At present, oval version is 2.10.
    btw, I saw on their web site that they sell new workabout with fast ARM
    processor and more options (standard wince sdk and RAD tools...).

    > Funny enough the version I had was older
    > What's not so funny is that the error still remains!
    > I checked the cpt 10 of the oval manual as recommended before, but since
    > it isn't a regular error, chapter 10 (about error handeling) didn't cover
    > it.
    >
    > This is getting really frustrating..
    >
    > /Karl

    You should consider two things:

    1. It's perhaps because you have an error in your application structure. A
    hard to find and to fix apparently.

    2. The PTX technical support will perhaps been able to help you tracing the
    error if you contact them by phone.

    --
    ,,,
    (._.)