Newbie question - Scion

This is a discussion on Newbie question - Scion ; I have an old Psion 3mx with no documentation, nor cables. Can i interface it via ir with my notebook in order to download the docs? Thanks, Andrea...

  1. Newbie question

    I have an old Psion 3mx with no documentation, nor cables.
    Can i interface it via ir with my notebook in order to download the docs?

    Thanks, Andrea

  2. Re: Newbie question

    Hi Andrea.

    No.

    No because the IR protocol of the SIBO machines was created
    before the standards were agreed (in as much as they were). It
    won't even talk to later Psions.

    That doesn't mean that the serial and parallel protocols are non-
    standard - they aren't. The cord you may not have is the same as
    that for the 5/5mx, believe this as my 3c (earlier than your 3mx)
    happily uses the same cord as my 5mx.

    Hope that helps.

    Take care,
    Phil.