5MX Screen problem - Scion

This is a discussion on 5MX Screen problem - Scion ; After more than 6years troublefree daily use my 5MX has developed a problem for which I need some advice. Yesterday I opened the unit as usual and there were horizontal lines on the screen of varying thickness and spacing. I ...

  1. 5MX Screen problem

    After more than 6years troublefree daily use my 5MX has developed a problem
    for which I need some advice.

    Yesterday I opened the unit as usual and there were horizontal lines on the
    screen of varying thickness and spacing. I tried again, replaced batts etc
    to no avail. I have never had any problem with the unit to date and wondered
    if this is a repairable fault.

    If I part close the lid I can just peep through the gap and make out the
    text on the screen so the data is there but obviously this is not a good
    solution.

    I would really appreciate some pointers on what to do or where to send it
    for a fix if possible.

    Thanks in advance

    Tony H.

  2. Re: 5MX Screen problem

    Your Screen cable is gone. It eventually happens to all 5mx www.posltd.com
    can fix it for you.

    Richard

    "Tony Hodson" wrote in message
    > After more than 6years troublefree daily use my 5MX has developed a

    problem
    > for which I need some advice.
    >
    > Yesterday I opened the unit as usual and there were horizontal lines on

    the
    > screen of varying thickness and spacing. I tried again, replaced batts etc
    > to no avail. I have never had any problem with the unit to date and

    wondered
    > if this is a repairable fault.
    >
    > If I part close the lid I can just peep through the gap and make out the
    > text on the screen so the data is there but obviously this is not a good
    > solution.
    >
    > I would really appreciate some pointers on what to do or where to send it
    > for a fix if possible.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Tony H.

  3. Re: 5MX Screen problem

    Check the newsgroup archives too as there some non-psion alternatives that
    are reportedly 'improved'.

    "Family Guy" wrote in message
    news:EtAOc.1342007$Ar.327484@twister01.bloor.is.ne t.cable.rogers.com...
    > Your Screen cable is gone. It eventually happens to all 5mx www.posltd.com
    > can fix it for you.
    >
    > Richard
    >
    > "Tony Hodson" wrote in message
    > > After more than 6years troublefree daily use my 5MX has developed a

    > problem
    > > for which I need some advice.
    > >
    > > Yesterday I opened the unit as usual and there were horizontal lines on

    > the
    > > screen of varying thickness and spacing. I tried again, replaced batts

    etc
    > > to no avail. I have never had any problem with the unit to date and

    > wondered
    > > if this is a repairable fault.
    > >
    > > If I part close the lid I can just peep through the gap and make out the
    > > text on the screen so the data is there but obviously this is not a good
    > > solution.
    > >
    > > I would really appreciate some pointers on what to do or where to send

    it
    > > for a fix if possible.
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance
    > >
    > > Tony H.

  4. Re: 5MX Screen problem

    Google "psionflexi"

    "And that's all I have to say about that."

    Prang

    On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 23:04:04 GMT, "Family Guy"
    wrote:

    >Your Screen cable is gone. It eventually happens to all 5mx www.posltd.com
    >can fix it for you.
    >
    >Richard
    >
    >"Tony Hodson" wrote in message
    >> After more than 6years troublefree daily use my 5MX has developed a

    >problem
    >> for which I need some advice.
    >>
    >> Yesterday I opened the unit as usual and there were horizontal lines on

    >the
    >> screen of varying thickness and spacing. I tried again, replaced batts etc
    >> to no avail. I have never had any problem with the unit to date and

    >wondered
    >> if this is a repairable fault.
    >>
    >> If I part close the lid I can just peep through the gap and make out the
    >> text on the screen so the data is there but obviously this is not a good
    >> solution.
    >>
    >> I would really appreciate some pointers on what to do or where to send it
    >> for a fix if possible.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance
    >>
    >> Tony H.

+ Reply to Thread