Data transfer to Nokia 9210i - Scion

This is a discussion on Data transfer to Nokia 9210i - Scion ; Since my touch screen rejected my touch and then died altogether I have transferred my affection to said Nokia 9210i, which I stupidly thought being Symbian, would be similar. I have backups on my PC of my 5mx files and ...

  1. Data transfer to Nokia 9210i

    Since my touch screen rejected my touch and then died altogether I have
    transferred my affection to said Nokia 9210i, which I stupidly thought
    being Symbian, would be similar.

    I have backups on my PC of my 5mx files and I want to use these on the
    Nokia 9210i. As the 5mx's screen is now dead I can't see to transfer any
    data I could convert on the 5mx(save as CSV for e.g.). In any case I
    had to remove PsiWin before I could install the Nokia software (Which
    did not de-install properly, leaving annoying traces in Outlook; as, I
    think, a result I can't get the Nokia calendar sync. to work).

    Is there a PC utility(please don't say PsiWin!) that will convert Sheet
    and Word files at least to CSV and text if not from EPOC 5 to EPOC 6 in
    something like the original format?

    I'm happy with the Nokia 9210i,apart from import and export
    facilities!, a very nifty bit of kit, just wish I could get that
    calendar to work and the files across. I have copied them to the Nokia
    9210i but of course cannot open them, largely I suspect due to EPOC
    difficulties as much as the file formats.

    Any clean suggestions appreciated

    Thanks

    Bill

  2. Re: Data transfer to Nokia 9210i

    Bill
    as far as I know - the 5mx and the Nokia 9210i use different oS releases
    - therefore you might struggle.

    Check out steve litchfields excellent site - he might be able to help

    http://3lib.ukonline.co.uk/

    Bill Brooks wrote:

    > Since my touch screen rejected my touch and then died altogether I have
    > transferred my affection to said Nokia 9210i, which I stupidly thought
    > being Symbian, would be similar.
    >
    > I have backups on my PC of my 5mx files and I want to use these on the
    > Nokia 9210i. As the 5mx's screen is now dead I can't see to transfer any
    > data I could convert on the 5mx(save as CSV for e.g.). In any case I
    > had to remove PsiWin before I could install the Nokia software (Which
    > did not de-install properly, leaving annoying traces in Outlook; as, I
    > think, a result I can't get the Nokia calendar sync. to work).
    >
    > Is there a PC utility(please don't say PsiWin!) that will convert Sheet
    > and Word files at least to CSV and text if not from EPOC 5 to EPOC 6 in
    > something like the original format?
    >
    > I'm happy with the Nokia 9210i,apart from import and export
    > facilities!, a very nifty bit of kit, just wish I could get that
    > calendar to work and the files across. I have copied them to the Nokia
    > 9210i but of course cannot open them, largely I suspect due to EPOC
    > difficulties as much as the file formats.
    >
    > Any clean suggestions appreciated
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Bill

+ Reply to Thread