CF cards - Scion

This is a discussion on CF cards - Scion ; Does any one know what is the biggest CF card that a 5MX will recognise? Are there any to avoid or will they all work? TIA Ade...

  1. CF cards

    Does any one know what is the biggest CF card that a 5MX will recognise?
    Are there any to avoid or will they all work?

    TIA

    Ade

  2. Re: CF cards

    Biggest I've used is 512 Mb. I've not heard of a top limit but there are
    occasional cards that may not work. Did you look through the newsgroup
    archives? There may be helpful information there.

    "Changeling" wrote in message
    > Does any one know what is the biggest CF card that a 5MX will recognise?
    > Are there any to avoid or will they all work?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Ade

  3. Re: CF cards

    On Monday, in article
    Changelingnospam@supanet.com "Changeling" wrote:

    > Does any one know what is the biggest CF card that a 5MX will recognise?
    > Are there any to avoid or will they all work?

    512Mb, if memory serves. Must be multi-voltage.
    --
    Raj Rijhwani | This is the voice of the Mysterons...
    raj@rijhwani.org | ... We know that you can hear us Earthmen

  4. Re: CF cards

    "Raj Rijhwani" wrote in message
    > On Monday, in article
    > Changelingnospam@supanet.com "Changeling" wrote:
    >
    > > Does any one know what is the biggest CF card that a 5MX will recognise?
    > > Are there any to avoid or will they all work?

    > 512Mb, if memory serves. Must be multi-voltage.
    > --
    > Raj Rijhwani

    Why multi-voltage? The Psion will only use one.....
    (admittedly it's easier to get right if you get multi-vltage, but...)

  5. Re: CF cards

    On Tuesday, in article
    news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk "AlanS" wrote:

    > Why multi-voltage? The Psion will only use one.....
    > (admittedly it's easier to get right if you get multi-vltage, but...)

    'S what I meant. (I was being lazy.)
    --
    Raj Rijhwani | This is the voice of the Mysterons...
    raj@rijhwani.org | ... We know that you can hear us Earthmen
    http://www.rijhwani.org/raj/ | "Lieutenant Green: Launch all Angels!"

  6. Re: CF cards

    Thanks for the help guys.

    Ade

    > On Tuesday, in article
    > news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk "AlanS" wrote:
    >
    > > Why multi-voltage? The Psion will only use one.....
    > > (admittedly it's easier to get right if you get multi-vltage, but...)

    > 'S what I meant. (I was being lazy.)
    > --
    > Raj Rijhwani | This is the voice of the Mysterons...
    > raj@rijhwani.org | ... We know that you can hear us

    Earthmen
    > http://www.rijhwani.org/raj/ | "Lieutenant Green: Launch all Angels!"

  7. Re: CF cards

    Changeling wrote:
    > Does any one know what is the biggest CF card that a 5MX will
    > recognise? Are there any to avoid or will they all work?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Ade

    Please note, that with larger CF disks, with larger numbers of files, you
    may find file finding dialogs become very slow. This is due to the OS which
    apparently reads the entire directory/file list every time.

    http://www.pscience5.net/Hints_Tips/Compact_Flash.htm for some good info,
    including trade off in speed v. actual storage capacity.

    Dr. Dweeb

+ Reply to Thread