EPOC R3 SDK - Scion

This is a discussion on EPOC R3 SDK - Scion ; Does anybody know, was there an SDK for the Series 5 (EPOC OS R3)? Do you know where I can get hold of a copy? Did one come with the Series 5 on CD-ROM? Could anybody please send me a ...

  1. EPOC R3 SDK

    Does anybody know, was there an SDK for the Series 5 (EPOC OS R3)? Do you
    know where I can get hold of a copy? Did one come with the Series 5 on
    CD-ROM? Could anybody please send me a copy on CD-ROM?

    Thanks

    Gareth

    --
    Gareth J M Saunders
    Edinburgh, UK

    http://www.garethjmsaunders.co.uk/psion/

  2. Re: EPOC R3 SDK

    Gareth J M Saunders wrote:

    > Does anybody know, was there an SDK for the Series 5 (EPOC OS R3)? Do you
    > know where I can get hold of a copy? Did one come with the Series 5 on
    > CD-ROM? Could anybody please send me a copy on CD-ROM?

    The ER5 Sdk works also for ER3. The documentation list all incompatibilities
    and new ER5 functionnalities.

    See www.psionteklogix.com and try to download the ER5 Sdk for netPad and
    netBook.

  3. Re: EPOC R3 SDK

    > > Does anybody know, was there an SDK for the Series 5 (EPOC OS R3)? Do
    you
    > > know where I can get hold of a copy? Did one come with the Series 5 on
    > > CD-ROM? Could anybody please send me a copy on CD-ROM?

    > The ER5 Sdk works also for ER3. The documentation list all

    incompatibilities
    > and new ER5 functionnalities.
    >
    > See www.psionteklogix.com and try to download the ER5 Sdk for netPad and
    > netBook.

    Thanks. However, I have all the ER5 SDKs, and in fact distribute them to
    people on CD-ROM or DVD. What I'd really like to know is was there ever an
    ER3 SDK? and if there was, would anybody be able to send me a copy on
    CD-ROM?

    Ta

    Gareth
    --
    Gareth J M Saunders
    Edinburgh, UK

    http://www.garethjmsaunders.co.uk/psion/

  4. Re: EPOC R3 SDK

    Gareth J M Saunders wrote:

    >> > Does anybody know, was there an SDK for the Series 5 (EPOC OS R3)? Do

    > you
    >> > know where I can get hold of a copy? Did one come with the Series 5 on
    >> > CD-ROM? Could anybody please send me a copy on CD-ROM?

    >> The ER5 Sdk works also for ER3. The documentation list all

    > incompatibilities
    >> and new ER5 functionnalities.
    >>
    >> See www.psionteklogix.com and try to download the ER5 Sdk for netPad and
    >> netBook.

    > Thanks. However, I have all the ER5 SDKs, and in fact distribute them to
    > people on CD-ROM or DVD. What I'd really like to know is was there ever
    > an ER3 SDK? and if there was, would anybody be able to send me a copy on
    > CD-ROM?
    >
    > Ta
    >
    > Gareth
    > --
    > Gareth J M Saunders
    > Edinburgh, UK
    >
    > http://www.garethjmsaunders.co.uk/psion/

    I only have the ER3 C++ SDK, Evaluation Edition, Revision 2. It takes 75Mb
    (compressed files).

    Problem: the licence.

    b) Rental. You may not rent or lease the SDK.
    c) Redistribution. With the exception the components of
    the SDK covered by sections d) and e) below you must not
    distribute copies of the SDK, or any component of the
    SDK.

  5. Re: EPOC R3 SDK

    > Gareth
    > --
    > Gareth J M Saunders
    > Edinburgh, UK
    >
    > http://www.garethjmsaunders.co.uk/psion/

    I had a look on your website. In programming section, Oval sdk is missing.

    Oval programms runs on Workabout, S3c, S3mx and with perhaps more
    difficulties on Psion S3a. It's a RAD tools using Visual Basic syntax,
    having its IDE running on Windows and producing binary (Graphical design
    with mouse, events, debugger...).

    See www.psionteklogix.com to find it.

  6. Re: EPOC R3 SDK

    > I had a look on your website. In programming section, Oval sdk is missing.

    I had a look on my website, and OVAL is most definitely there in the
    programming section: the SIBO (16-bit) programming section. No point puting
    in the 32-bit EPOC programming section since, as you say, it runs with the
    Workabout, 3c and 3mx.

    http://www.garethjmsaunders.co.uk/ps...ng16.html#oval

    A rewrite of my entire Psion section is, I feel, needed, but time restraints
    prevent this at the moment.

    Thanks for the information about the ER3 license agreement; very useful
    information, thanks.

    Gareth
    --
    Gareth J M Saunders