WAP browser - 5mx and Nokia 8310 - Scion

This is a discussion on WAP browser - 5mx and Nokia 8310 - Scion ; Can someone give me some idiot-proof help in setting up the WAP browser on my 5mx? I have a Nokia 8310 phone, on T-Mobile. No problems using it to connect to the web browser and e-mail on the Psion, using ...

  1. WAP browser - 5mx and Nokia 8310

    Can someone give me some idiot-proof help in setting up the WAP browser on
    my 5mx?

    I have a Nokia 8310 phone, on T-Mobile. No problems using it to connect to
    the web browser and e-mail on the Psion, using London numbers to use my free
    minutes. However, the WAP browser has me stumped.

    Do I have to use the T-Mobile number to connect, or can I use Clara or
    Blueyonder, my ISPs of choice? Can someone tell me what I need to do to set
    it up? I've had no luck so far.

    Lee

  2. Re: WAP browser - 5mx and Nokia 8310

    "Lee Osborne" schreef in bericht
    > Can someone give me some idiot-proof help in setting up the WAP browser on
    > my 5mx?
    >
    > I have a Nokia 8310 phone, on T-Mobile. No problems using it to connect to
    > the web browser and e-mail on the Psion, using London numbers to use my

    free
    > minutes. However, the WAP browser has me stumped.
    >
    > Do I have to use the T-Mobile number to connect, or can I use Clara or
    > Blueyonder, my ISPs of choice? Can someone tell me what I need to do to

    set
    > it up? I've had no luck so far.
    >
    > Lee

    This should work :

    Make a new profile.

    As gateway 160.092.122.122
    As homepage: every WAP (!)-page you like, the page of this service is
    actually http://www.wapfr.net .
    As ISP and modem : your ISP and your Nokia 8310 modem (those are already
    configured on the Psion).

    That should do it.

    There should be T-Mobile settings as well, but you need to contact T-Mobile
    for that.

  3. Re: WAP browser - 5mx and Nokia 8310

    Excellent! It works. Thanks for your help.

    Lee

    "Dixit" wrote in message

    > "Lee Osborne" schreef in bericht
    > > Can someone give me some idiot-proof help in setting up the WAP browser

    on
    > > my 5mx?
    > >
    > > I have a Nokia 8310 phone, on T-Mobile. No problems using it to connect

    > > the web browser and e-mail on the Psion, using London numbers to use my

    > free
    > > minutes. However, the WAP browser has me stumped.
    > >
    > > Do I have to use the T-Mobile number to connect, or can I use Clara or
    > > Blueyonder, my ISPs of choice? Can someone tell me what I need to do to

    > set
    > > it up? I've had no luck so far.
    > >
    > > Lee

    > This should work :
    >
    > Make a new profile.
    >
    > As gateway 160.092.122.122
    > As homepage: every WAP (!)-page you like, the page of this service is
    > actually http://www.wapfr.net .
    > As ISP and modem : your ISP and your Nokia 8310 modem (those are already
    > configured on the Psion).
    >
    > That should do it.
    >
    > There should be T-Mobile settings as well, but you need to contact

    T-Mobile
    > for that.

+ Reply to Thread