Re: Psion 5 replacement - Scion

This is a discussion on Re: Psion 5 replacement - Scion ; Get another Series 5 or 5mx. Clove tech should still have stock of the 5mx. Only Epoc 5 machines (Revo, Series 7/netBook, 5,5mx) will be compatible with your software. Anything else, your data will somehow have to be converted to ...

  1. Re: Psion 5 replacement

    Get another Series 5 or 5mx. Clove tech should still have stock of the 5mx.
    Only Epoc 5 machines (Revo, Series 7/netBook, 5,5mx) will be compatible with
    your software. Anything else, your data will somehow have to be converted to
    the new (i.e. Nokia) format.

    Richard

    "Arthur Marshall" wrote in message
    > I think my Psion 5 is coming to the end of its life - and I presume that
    > all those left hanging about are getting equally dodgy. Any suggestions
    > as to a suitable replacement that will run my software? Do the Nokia
    > phone/organisers do that?
    >
    > Alternately, where can I get the screen cable from?

  2. Re: Psion 5 replacement

    Student Pilot wrote:
    > Get another Series 5 or 5mx. Clove tech should still have stock of
    > the 5mx. Only Epoc 5 machines (Revo, Series 7/netBook, 5,5mx) will be
    > compatible with your software. Anything else, your data will somehow
    > have to be converted to the new (i.e. Nokia) format.
    >
    > Richard
    >
    > "Arthur Marshall" wrote in message
    >> I think my Psion 5 is coming to the end of its life - and I presume
    >> that all those left hanging about are getting equally dodgy. Any
    >> suggestions as to a suitable replacement that will run my software?
    >> Do the Nokia phone/organisers do that?

    The New 9500 (not yet released) looks good - but new software will be
    required

    >> Alternately, where can I get the screen cable from?

    http://www.psionflexi.fsbusiness.co.uk/ (Improved high quality design)
    http://www.srsgmbh.de/en/index1.html (You can get other work done here as
    well)
    http://www.elektronikstore.de/psionstore/home_e.htm (Also other work, like