EPOC R5 / Symbian OS V5 OPL SDK - Scion

This is a discussion on EPOC R5 / Symbian OS V5 OPL SDK - Scion ; Hi folks, I just did a reinstall of Windows XP, and of course my shortcuts to my EPOC SDK went in the re-format! However, it (the SDK) is installed to partition L: and the one shortcut that I did manage ...

  1. EPOC R5 / Symbian OS V5 OPL SDK

    Hi folks,

    I just did a reinstall of Windows XP, and of course my shortcuts to my EPOC
    SDK went in the re-format! However, it (the SDK) is installed to partition
    L: and the one shortcut that I did manage to backup still works! and I can
    still access the SDK with it.

    Could anybody please kindly let me know what the other shortcuts are? There
    are three for various sizes of SDK -- what were these called again and
    what's the shortcut info? I can't be bothered to reinstall the whole SDK if
    it is still working in its present place and I only need to restore the
    shortcuts. What other shortcuts are there apart from the ones that launch
    the SDK? (Ironic, given that I've been distributing CD-ROMs of the SDKs for
    the last couple of years!)

    Thanks again,

    Gareth J M Saunders
    Edinburgh, UK
    www.garethjmsaunders.co.uk/psion/

  2. Re: EPOC R5 / Symbian OS V5 OPL SDK

    > what's the shortcut info? I can't be bothered to reinstall the whole
    > SDK if
    > it is still working in its present place and I only need to restore the
    > shortcuts. What other shortcuts are there apart from the ones that

    IIRC, these are of the form:
    C:\EPOC32\TOOLS\E32-SYS.BAT

    Let me know if you need a CD backup copy!
    Steve Litchfield, 3-Lib, http://3lib.ukonline.co.uk/
    For Psion and Symbian handhelds, with computer-based training on CD
    Also PocketInfo, useful files - http://3lib.ukonline.co.uk/pocketinfo
    Journalism: sub-editor and/or senior contributor to:
    Palmtop User - http://www.palmtop.co.uk/
    PDA Essentials - http://www.paragon.co.uk/mags/pdaessentials.html
    PC Basics - http://www.paragon.co.uk/mags/pcbasics.html
    Reviews editor, AllAboutSymbian - http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/

  3. Re: EPOC R5 / Symbian OS V5 OPL SDK

    Steve Litchfield wrote:

    > IIRC, these are of the form:
    > C:\EPOC32\TOOLS\E32-SYS.BAT

    Yes, my system has three files of form E32-???.bat there and three
    corresponding shortcuts.

    Mike.
    --
    If reply address = connectfee, add an r because it is free not fee.

  4. Re: EPOC R5 / Symbian OS V5 OPL SDK

    > Yes, my system has three files of form E32-???.bat there and three
    > corresponding shortcuts.

    Thanks folks, that's just what I needed. I've found three files:

    L:\Epoc32\Tools\e32-sys.bat (Series 5mx size)
    L:\Epoc32\Tools\e32-vga.bat (Larger VGA size!)
    L:\Epoc32\Tools\e32-lrg.bat (Even larger, Series 7 size?)

    and corresponding icons

    %:\Epoc32\Icons\WINSS.ICO (System)
    %:\Epoc32\Icons\WINSV.ICO (VGA)
    %:\Epoc32\Icons\WINSL.ICO (Large)

    Could you tell me what the default name for each of these icons is, please?
    And, are there any other shortcuts to other documents / applications in your
    Psion SDK folder under the Start menu? Sorry for being a hassle-baron!

    (Steve, thanks for your offer of a CD backup copy. Having already
    distributed almost 100 CDs of EPOC SDKs around this fine planet I'm a little
    embarrased that I didn't keep a backup, or even document, this information
    (I shall now). I appreciate your kind offer, however.)

    Gareth J M Saunders
    Edinburgh, UK
    www.garethjmsaunders.co.uk/psion/

  5. Re: EPOC R5 / Symbian OS V5 OPL SDK

    Gareth J M Saunders wrote:
    >>Yes, my system has three files of form E32-???.bat there and three
    >>corresponding shortcuts.

    > Thanks folks, that's just what I needed. I've found three files:
    >
    > L:\Epoc32\Tools\e32-sys.bat (Series 5mx size)
    > L:\Epoc32\Tools\e32-vga.bat (Larger VGA size!)
    > L:\Epoc32\Tools\e32-lrg.bat (Even larger, Series 7 size?)
    >
    > and corresponding icons
    >
    > %:\Epoc32\Icons\WINSS.ICO (System)
    > %:\Epoc32\Icons\WINSV.ICO (VGA)
    > %:\Epoc32\Icons\WINSL.ICO (Large)
    >
    > Could you tell me what the default name for each of these icons is, please?
    > And, are there any other shortcuts to other documents / applications in your
    > Psion SDK folder under the Start menu? Sorry for being a hassle-baron!
    >
    > (Steve, thanks for your offer of a CD backup copy. Having already
    > distributed almost 100 CDs of EPOC SDKs around this fine planet I'm a little
    > embarrased that I didn't keep a backup, or even document, this information
    > (I shall now). I appreciate your kind offer, however.)
    >
    > Gareth J M Saunders
    > Edinburgh, UK
    > www.garethjmsaunders.co.uk/psion/

    The three already mentioned are emulator - 1/2 VGA; VGA and Large VGA

    Plus two help shortcuts: HTML Help -> P:\sysdoc\htmlhelp\oepoc.chm
    and plain help -> P:\sysdoc\oindex.html

    HTH, Mike.
    --
    If reply address = connectfee, add an r because it is free not fee.

+ Reply to Thread