SYS$SHLL.$05 Crash Query - Scion

This is a discussion on SYS$SHLL.$05 Crash Query - Scion ; My Series 3mx has started going bananas. I've never had any Psion crash before, but my 3mx has suddenly started doing it all the time. The only way out is a soft reset, which last about 5 mins, then it ...

  1. SYS$SHLL.$05 Crash Query

    My Series 3mx has started going bananas. I've never had any Psion crash
    before, but my 3mx has suddenly started doing it all the time. The only way
    out is a soft reset, which last about 5 mins, then it crashes again, usually
    with this message:

    SYS$SHLL.$05
    Process Exited
    Exit No 60

    Has anyone else had experience of this? My older Series 3a has never
    crashed.

    Steve.

  2. Re: SYS$SHLL.$05 Crash Query

    I had a 3c do this. It turned out to be a bad motherboard. I hope for your
    sake there is another reason why yours is doing it.

    Richard

    "Steve Elliott" wrote in message
    > My Series 3mx has started going bananas. I've never had any Psion crash
    > before, but my 3mx has suddenly started doing it all the time. The only

    way
    > out is a soft reset, which last about 5 mins, then it crashes again,

    usually
    > with this message:
    >
    > SYS$SHLL.$05
    > Process Exited
    > Exit No 60
    >
    > Has anyone else had experience of this? My older Series 3a has never
    > crashed.
    >
    > Steve.

  3. Re: SYS$SHLL.$05 Crash Query

    > > My Series 3mx has started going bananas. I've never had any Psion crash
    > > before, but my 3mx has suddenly started doing it all the time. The only

    > way
    > > out is a soft reset, which last about 5 mins, then it crashes again,

    Have you tried backing up the psion and then doing a hard reset ?

  4. Re: SYS$SHLL.$05 Crash Query

    "JF Mezei" wrote in message
    > > > My Series 3mx has started going bananas. I've never had any Psion

    crash
    > > > before, but my 3mx has suddenly started doing it all the time. The

    only
    > > way
    > > > out is a soft reset, which last about 5 mins, then it crashes again,

    > Have you tried backing up the psion and then doing a hard reset ?

    Not yet, but I'm about too. Just to make matters worse, the screen now
    occasionally has vertical lines all the way across too ! Get the feeling,
    it's about to give up the ghost.

    Steve.

+ Reply to Thread