Jotter For 3a ? - Scion

This is a discussion on Jotter For 3a ? - Scion ; Is there a third party Jotter available for the 3a, ie: like the one included with the 3c/3mx etc ? Thanks, Steve....

  1. Jotter For 3a ?

    Is there a third party Jotter available for the 3a, ie: like the one
    included with the 3c/3mx etc ?

    Thanks,

    Steve.

  2. Re: Jotter For 3a ?

    > Is there a third party Jotter available for the 3a, ie: like the one
    > included with the 3c/3mx etc ?

    I remember reading about some kind of workaround for this, when I had my
    Siena, that involved creating a new list from the Data application. On my
    3mx I can do the following (not sure if it's the same for the 3a):

    1. In System highlight the 'cursor' over the Data application
    2. Press Menu
    3. Navigate to Special
    4. Create new list (Psion+E)
    5. Enter information
    Directory for files Jotter
    Extension for files dbf
    Icon... any .pic will do!
    Save list as: Name Jotter
    6. You'll be asked to confirm this information.
    7. The new Data list will appear, and you can simply edit the labels
    appropriately. It really only needs two labels: one for the subject header
    and the other for the body text.

    Not sure if that will help, but I used to use this method on my Siena.

    Gareth
    Edinburgh

  3. Re: Jotter For 3a ?

    > I remember reading about some kind of workaround for this, when I had my
    > Siena, that involved creating a new list from the Data application. On my
    > 3mx I can do the following (not sure if it's the same for the 3a):
    >
    > 1. In System highlight the 'cursor' over the Data application
    > 2. Press Menu
    > 3. Navigate to Special
    > 4. Create new list (Psion+E)
    > 5. Enter information
    > Directory for files Jotter
    > Extension for files dbf
    > Icon... any .pic will do!
    > Save list as: Name Jotter
    > 6. You'll be asked to confirm this information.
    > 7. The new Data list will appear, and you can simply edit the labels
    > appropriately. It really only needs two labels: one for the subject

    header
    > and the other for the body text.

    Great - thanks, that works quite well - it is same for 3a.

    Steve.

+ Reply to Thread